Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2021 6:36:19 PM EDT
Anyone here tried the Swage It S550, or their 650 and 750 versions?

I attempted to search for it here and didn't find any threads or posts that mention it.

Here's what it looks like:

Naturally, I just dropped a few bucks on a SS600 and found this while looking for mounting and fine tuning tips.

There's a YT video at their site of it in action, not posting a link as it could be construed as 'where to buy'.  Google takes you there quickly.

Curios to see what the hive thinks, looks incredibly simple but I have no experience swaging.

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I've used it on 9mm brass and 556 & 762x51.. works fine if you are doing a lot of case prep. Worth having.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t used it

“Heard rumors...”

If you use that tool and you screw up your press, Dillon won’t honor the No BS Warranty

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The new hotness is the APP setup.  It is quick.  

I use the Dillon SS600.  It is faster than the RCBS set up and does a great job for me.

If you have a press dedicated to case prep it could be cool but tearing down your press to put it on is not very appealing for most folks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I use it on My XL650

It's wonderful

along with the RT1200 electric trimmer, "case lube for cheap bastards", and Lyman M-die,  I can process LC 5.56 brass very fast.

Each pull gives me a fully processed case...

DILLON XL650 RT1200 SWAGE IT
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I have it on my 650 and love it.   I had purchased 1000 once fired brass, after destroying primers I came to the realization that a good percentage was crimped.  

I purchased a Swage it 650, it's nice to get a product that works very well from the onset.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I use it on My XL650

It's wonderful

along with the RT1200 electric trimmer, "case lube for cheap bastards", and Lyman M-die,  I can process LC 5.56 brass very fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uBjoIuvAQQ
View Quote

This is the way ^ swage it works great don’t listen to people who shit talk it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I use it on My XL650

It's wonderful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uBjoIuvAQQ
View Quote

+1

I use the 650 version as well.

My buddy said it sucked on his 750 and sold it.

It might depend on the priming style/press?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

+1

I use the 650 version as well.

My buddy said it sucked on his 750 and sold it.

It might depend on the priming style/press?
View Quote
550 here, if it matters.

Looking like I'll be spending more money to make a dedicated case prep head.  Spent part of the weekend manually prepping brass, not interested in doing that for several thousand cases.

Thanks for the replies gents, it sounds like a useful accessory.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#9]
The question of the warranty comes up with most threads on the Swage-It.  In order not to derail the thread (too much I hope) I will comment on that towards the end.

I use the swage-it on a 750.  I've had the press since Dec of '19.  I'd guess I've run around 2K of 223 brass through (to process) the cases.  I think my methodology is similar to most people here.  Deprime on station 1, swage-it on 2, Dillon die and power trimmer on 3 and a sinclair case mouth expander on station 5.  I still find I need to ream a primer pocket here and there with the Hornady tool.  It's not a perfect answer, and there may better things to buy if you're on a tight budget like this past year has done to many of us.  

With regards to Dillon and their warranty:  Last November (of 2020) I noticed a chip in my (223) shellplate it was on the edge--The top of "U" as it were--and the case wouldn't come out of the shellplate and onto the discharge chute smoothly.  Dillon never questioned anything and issued me a replacement albeit 3 months later in late January or early February of this year (in multiple emails and phone calls not once was anything questioned) They claimed a sub-contractor was the reason for the delay in not sending a replacement "the furnace was down blah, blah, blah"

Some people claim a reloading press is weaker and not designed to handle stress when pulling UP on the handle such as that motion required for seating a primer--or--pulling the expander ball out of a rifle case.  I have no opinion on that I'm not an engineer.  Although I no longer pull an expander through rifle cases; I would submit that in my decades of experience, I have had many cases pull out with equal or more force than is needed to swage the primer pockets.

Finally if I may ask honestly--where does Dillon state they won't warranty any damage (and how would they know) done fm a swage-it.  They have a standard disclaimer that I could interpret to mean the warranty is void with the use of any non-Dillon part which I think we all could agree they do not do.

I hope this has helped and will not start too much controversy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
550 here, if it matters.

Looking like I'll be spending more money to make a dedicated case prep head.  Spent part of the weekend manually prepping brass, not interested in doing that for several thousand cases.

Thanks for the replies gents, it sounds like a useful accessory.
View Quote

You have to remove your priming system. It’s more than a quick swap.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

After I found this I stopped looking.  I am sure it is written elsewhere.

https://www.dillonprecision.com/voiding-warranty_350_10_3156.htm
View Quote

Thank You for the link.  It seems they call out primer swagers as a no-go, and still reserve the right deny any claim should they deem any accessory non-benign to kind of use their own words.  I can live with that.  In fact I just placed an order with them today.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I've use the Swage It products on my 550 and 650.

Have processed over 4k at this point and while I'll find a case or two that still needs a little attention during the loading phase, the Swage It is much faster than the Dillon swager I used previously and takes that tedious, extra step out of the case prep phase.

As has been mentioned, if using a press mounted trimmer and the Swage It, you're getting a 100% ready to load case with each pull of the handle.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 12:40:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought one for my 550 and it was machined improperly.

The company never responded to correspondence, so I gave up and fortunately was able to get my money back through Ebay.

Garbage customer service...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top