Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 7/7/2018 3:58:00 PM EDT
Trying to purchase one of these but Surefire does not stock them and I don’t know where else to look. Does anyone have a lead on one of these muzzle devices? Looking to use my 556RC can on my new to me Steyr.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 8:40:47 PM EDT
https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/SF3P-556-AUG
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 8:46:40 AM EDT
I got mine from optics planet a few months ago.

Just a heads up, I had a hell of a time getting mine centered so it passed a check with a concentricity rod.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 1:23:35 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VampireSix:
I got mine from optics planet a few months ago.

Just a heads up, I had a hell of a time getting mine centered so it passed a check with a concentricity rod.
View Quote
Barrel threads or muzzle device being the culprit?
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 2:08:20 PM EDT
The surefire muzzle device for the AUG comes with a spacer that acts to form as the squared shoulder for the muzzle device (the oem locking nut for the tulip flash hider isn't used). This spacer seems to have a bit of play when placed on the barrel, as it isn't threaded. I believe this is what causes the concentricity variation when installed.

Once tightened, it's solid. But, it took me a long time to figure out what was going on, and then another half hour to get the placement correct.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:48:23 AM EDT
The A3 SF
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 2:11:12 AM EDT
I recently ordered (and received!) one from a vendor who shall remain nameless but whose initials are Bo and tach.

I got it fast, however ymmv.
Top Top