Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2022 10:06:28 PM EDT
I saw one on a friend's K the other day, and now I kind of want one. I see that they are discontinued, so how badly would I get screwed if I wanted to buy one? My friend mentioned he would consider selling it but he didn't say for how much.

Anyone have one that they have an opinion on?
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve never used one, but I had a couple surefire ar15 rails and I’ve never loved them.  I feel like the rail is not truly m1913 spec.  They are also sharper than say.. the kac rail.  I just don’t love them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have the M77 for the MP5K, but I have 2 of the M63 for the fullsize MP5 and like them very much. Unlike the KAC RAS, you can tighten them down to fit any variation in specs on your specific gun. It's best to use LocTite on that adjustment screw and then leave it on the gun, but you can QD them also, if you want (which is unlike the RAS's nut-and-bolt setup).

They're not MILSPEC 1913 rails because they're slotted for weight reduction but I've never had issues with accessories fitting. LaRue QDs may not like them. Haven't tried.
They've both been discontinued for years but can be found if you keep your eyes peeled. I believe the M77 is less common than the M63.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have the M77 for the MP5K, but I have 2 of the M63 for the fullsize MP5 and like them very much. Unlike the KAC RAS, you can tighten them down to fit any variation in specs on your specific gun. It's best to use LocTite on that adjustment screw and then leave it on the gun, but you can QD them also, if you want (which is unlike the RAS's nut-and-bolt setup).

They're not MILSPEC 1913 rails because they're slotted for weight reduction but I've never had issues with accessories fitting. LaRue QDs may not like them. Haven't tried.
They've both been discontinued for years but can be found if you keep your eyes peeled. I believe the M77 is less common than the M63.
View Quote

I usually am on top of stuff like rails, and until I saw it in person, I had no idea it even existed. My buddy traded me a UMP stock and hinge pin for it, pretty happy with it so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top