Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2018 5:31:49 PM EDT
I have a Gen 3 Glock 19 with a SilencerCo barrel.

Form 1 can with a GemTech LID. SD Tactical 5.5" steel "D" tube, aluminum cups.

I cannot get it to run 100% (complete cycle that loads the next round). Runs about 80% of the time with 115gr factory ammo as well as some 147gr subsonic loads (3.2gr of TiteGroup). It will shoot the round then stovepipe.

I have a factory recoil spring and guide rod and factory slide.

Any here have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Using a stronger recoil spring should improve your failure to return to battery malfunctions.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The malfunction is not return to battery but rather the spent casing not ejecting fully.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Try to up the charge, obviously work your way up but depending on OAL I've loaded up to 3.6 when I used to shoot titegroup, that being said 3.2 should cycle without the can fine so, not sure
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#4]
What about a lighter spring.
Or a different ( booster spring the one in the can)
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 4:09:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you shot these rounds over a chrono?

How much does this can weigh?
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Try some good quality lubricant FIRST. I'm a fan of CherryBalmZ Black Rifle Balm on pretty much everything.

Beyond that, how much muzzle energy/velocity are those rounds producing? What mags are you using? Are they clean?
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Clean and lubricate everything including the recoil booster.

Select full power ammunition to maximize available recoil energy for the slide.
Fiocchi brand usually runs a little hotter.

If still not 100%, try reducing the Glock recoil spring weight by 2lbs from factory.
There are several aftermarket options available.

Hopefully your problem is solved at this point and can now experiment with subsonic ammo.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had issues running a Glock 19 with a factory can. Your can may be just too heavy to function reliably with that ammo and that gun. Try hotter ammo or a different host.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Your can is too heavy for the GemTech LID.  Personally I'd make a lighter can and relegate that one to fixed barrel duty.  You could also try a Liberty booster, it's more tolerant of excess weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top