Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2020 3:53:52 PM EDT
I’ve got a Larue Ultimate Upper in 6.5g on order. It comes with an 18” barrel and their Tranquillo muzzle device.

The Larue Tranquillo suppressor look like a heavy beast so I’m looking at other options. I plan to hog and deer hunt with the 6.5g and eventually get a 300 Blackout.

My question is, what out there works well with the 6.5g in hunting scenarios? My assumption is that any of the more popular 7.62 options would suit my needs but I would like to hear what some of you who are more experienced have to say.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I’ve got a Larue Ultimate Upper in 6.5g on order. It comes with an 18” barrel and their Tranquillo muzzle device.

The Larue Tranguillo suppressor look like a heavy beast so I’m looking at other options. I plan to hog and deer hunt with the 6.5g and eventually get a 300 Blackout.

My question is, what out there works well with the 6.5g in hunting scenarios? My assumption is that any of the more popular 7.62 options would suit my needs but I would like to hear what some of you who are more experienced have to say.
View Quote

I’m very happy with my SiCo omega on 6.5G with the .30 end cap. On an AR, it’s not too gassy and on a bolt it sounds great. You will find similar performance from most of the big boys. If I were in the market today, I’d be looking at a resonator from YHM. Most reliable mounting system available.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want a .30 cal can, tons of great options. If you only want a .264 can, Rex from Hanson brothers with Covid19 code.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#3]
lots of options out there.
i'm using my ancient AAC 762SDN6 that I bought for my .300blk.  Works fine.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Im using a SAS Reaper .30 cal can on my 18" 6.5 Grendel.   Sounds great and very accurate.   Its a solid Titanium can so weight it not a concern.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Depending on other hosts good fits would be CGS Helios, Silencerco Omega 300, Energetic Armament Vox-S, Thunderbeast Ultra 7, YHM Resonator, Rex MG7, Griffin Explorr, Rugged Radiant, Dead Air Nomad.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I run a SiCo Omega 300 on my 12.5" 6.5 Grendel and it provides sufficient suppression for hunting.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I also use my Omega on my 11" Grendel SBR. Plenty happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an UU in 6.5 Grendel and it’s pretty gassy with my Surefire 300SPS. Even an H3 buffer doesn’t help too much. When my SOCOM 7.62 RC2 gets picked up (Any day now; F the ATF taking their sweet time to mail approved forms) that’s what I’ll be using.

For my 12” 6.5 SBR with a Lilja barrel the 300 SPS works great, and it doesn’t kick the brass out nearly as far or as dirty.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:42:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also use my Omega on my 11" Grendel SBR. Plenty happy with it.
View Quote

It depends on your tolerance for noise. My Omega on my 12" 6.5g sbr will definitely ring my ears but it is very quiet to my hunting partners. I have pretty sensitive ears so I have a Nomad L in jail. it would be a bit long on a 16" but fine on the 12". I'm hoping the port pop doesn't over ride the added suppression or I will have to shut the gas off and go straight pull bolt action with a side charger upper.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, so it looks like my best bet is to go ahead and go with 30 cal can. Now, I just need get my upper in and decide which suppressor and QD system I want.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Omega here with the Dead Air muzzle brake mount and the Dead Air Key-Mo.  Does very well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Last year I used my Liberty Sovereign (my main hunting can for a few different rifles) on my 16" 6.5 Grendel. It was late season by the time I got the rifle together, but I managed to get out and knock over an antelope doe. That combo worked pretty well and sounds good.

Now I'm running my Nomad on that same rifle on a Plan A mount and it's a good combo too, a bit quieter than the Sovereign with about the same (relatively low) back pressure.

I think a 7" can is about as big as I would want on my lightweight 16" carbine. When hiking a rifle around and maneuvering, every bit shorter in length you can get makes a noticeable difference, at least to me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#13]
i have gone with the deadair sandman s but still in jail. seems like everyone likes the keymo mount and the can is built like a tank. you can keep the front port the stock .30cal hole or you can get a .223 and a 6.5 pot too if you want.

personally i would get a 30 cal can so you can move it when needed. if it is purely dedicated to the grendel build then the deadair  nomad-30 is cheaper option to look at. it is direct threaded but you can add the keymo mount if wanted and is some what quieter because the body is 1.75" diam vs the most others being the 1.5" diam.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#14]
My TBAC Ultra 7 is my new go-to 6.5G hunting suppressor.

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My TBAC Ultra 7 is my new go-to 6.5G hunting suppressor.

https://i.imgur.com/T19fvVR.jpg
View Quote

That’s hard to beat for a precision bolt rifle.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I've been real happy with my Ultra 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top