Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2018 12:02:30 PM EDT
Hi,
I already have a .30cal suppressor and another inbound along with a 5.56; both YHM. Currently debating on getting a Sig MPX or MCX in 300Blk (still not sure which I'll get) and wonder which can would be best for the 9mm.....if any? I know I can shoot the 300blk with one of the .30cal suppressors (please confirm just to be safe) but unsure if the 5.56 will work on the 9mm. I am going to chop the barrel and have it rethreaded anyway so no worries with that; just not sure about possible baffle strike issues. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
9mm will certainly not work with a 5.56 suppressor.  9mm is way too big for the bore.

For a 9mm subgun can, look at the Silencerco Omega 9K.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I thought as much but wanted to confirm.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
In addition to the Omega 9k take a look at Dead Air's Wolf  9SD.  Either would serve you well for 9mm or 300 blk applications.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. I think I read that re: warranty with the Sig short barrel, Dead Air was the way to go as they don’t specify minimum barrel length. From what I could see, YHM doesn’t either. I’ve two of theirs en route in .30 and 5.56.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top