Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2022 11:40:02 AM EDT
I am the proud owner of two consecutive serial number SR15, s. What I cant find thought is a KAC suppressor. I thought about having them sent for warcomps so i could shoot my rc2s on it, but that just seems wrong. Since ive heard the whole knights system jives so well. Any suggestions here? I have 6 suppressors so far and several flash hiders, but I feel like putting anything other than a KAC can on a KAC coild upset the balance. You know because ...reasons. What do yall think ? Also, any fellow stoner fans out there that can explain this MAMs term I keep hearing in regards to KAC? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Well i am going to tell you this; good luck finding a kac suppressor. They are not even taking orders right now, and if you find something be prepared to pay $2000.00-$4000.00

I have been shooting mine with rc2 for years now and haven’t had a moment i wished i had kac. Heck there are much better options in the market now before i consider a kac suppressor.

However, i understand the sentiment as i posses certain level ocd myself. I like things matching. Suppressor is just not one of them. If it bothers you so much your options are only 2 so there you go.

Life is short, enjoy what you got, SF cans are great.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]
MAMS is the KAC compensator. Solid muzzle device, wish I still had mine. They’re almost as hard to find as QDC cans now. I have one, a full size black QDC. I love it but really want a mini or two. I give people a hard time for putting anything other than a KAC can on a KAC gun but it’s completely logical right now. As soon as I move, I’m probably going to get an SF mini to hold me over u til QDCs become more available again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I understand your thought process OP,  I bought a KAC CRS three years ago to run specifically on my SR15/25 rifles....

What I am looking for right now is a 556 MAMS....have been looking for 2 years now, nothing.  I am convienced KAC is playing with us on purpose....looking back, even knowing they make an excellent rifle, I dont think I would have gone down the KAC highway....

I may cause some agita with with this statement, but my Larue 762 OBR outshoots my SR25, adjustable gas block, less recoil and overall a better package....and believe me, I am not a Larue fan boy....

Good luck with you search...my local dealer told me last year he has heard it will be years before the KAC production flow returns to anything remote to normal

To add:  My Deadair Sandman S is quieter than my CRS
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]
If you listen to the most recent podcasts that Trey Knight has been on, you’ll understand a bit better. EVERYTHING that they offer to the commercial market is because of some .gov contract or product development. Yes, they made 16” barrels to accommodate the civilian side, but the barrel technology itself was not developed specifically for commercial market.

The commercial market only offsets their government work. It’s not that they don’t care about the civilian market, they just don’t care if you buy their products or not. It’s not going to make or break them because they aren’t in the volume business to begin with.

I hate to say it, but it’s almost a privilege to own KAC products…..not a right.

To answer OP, as good as my QDC suppressor runs on my SR-15 Mod 2…I wouldn’t hesitate to put a 5.56 endcap on my Sandman-S and run the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you listen to the most recent podcasts that Trey Knight has been on, you’ll understand a bit better. EVERYTHING that they offer to the commercial market is because of some .gov contract or product development. Yes, they made 16” barrels to accommodate the civilian side, but the barrel technology itself was not developed specifically for commercial market.

The commercial market only offsets their government work. It’s not that they don’t care about the civilian market, they just don’t care if you buy their products or not. It’s not going to make or break them because they aren’t in the volume business to begin with.

I hate to say it, but it’s almost a privilege to own KAC products…..not a right.

To answer OP, as good as my QDC suppressor runs on my SR-15 Mod 2…I wouldn’t hesitate to put a 5.56 endcap on my Sandman-S and run the hell out of it.
View Quote

I do get what you are saying and while there may have been some frustration in my post above, the fact that you cant get basic parts is what bothers me....and yes I am lucky to have the KAC stuff I do have, including 4 KAC bipods....which from what I can tell have evaporated off the face of the earth....

If anyone has a lead on a 556 MAMS, new or used, please let me know....
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude no brainer, Surefire in the interim.. acquire a knights can / knight stick as they become more available. Good luck
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]

MAMS. In NT4 and QDC flavors.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I do get what you are saying and while there may have been some frustration in my post above, the fact that you cant get basic parts is what bothers me....and yes I am lucky to have the KAC stuff I do have, including 4 KAC bipods....which from what I can tell have evaporated off the face of the earth....

If anyone has a lead on a 556 MAMS, new or used, please let me know....
View Quote

You looking for a QDC or NT4 MAMS? I came across a QDC about a year ago and regret not buying it as my 11.5” is 100% suppressed with my KAC QDC. Id like to replace the flash eliminator with MAMS.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#11]
If you actually use QDC silencers, my extremely limited experience has pointed toward never using the MAMS and using the 3-prong QDC flash hider.  I've had fit/interference issues.

The information given to me from high-round-count QDC users is that the MAMS is more likely to carbon lock, get stuck during attachment or reattachment of the silencer(s), and anecdotal reports being given to me now indicate downrange accuracy concern with the MAMS.  Again, that is not personal experience, so take that as such.

I can tell you on high round count QDC silencers I have examined, blast baffle cutting occurs with the 3-prong, but to that I say - who cares. Happens on the RC2 as well, and that silencer works just fine with high round counts as well.

I, for one, am looking for a QDC silencer for myself.  Some day, when supply comes back I guess.  For now, I tested some of them.  Stay tuned for that.  I absolutely love the latching mechanism.  So dang slick.  3-prong gang, though.

Jay
PEW Science

P.S. - I see no reason why the MAMS for the NT4 isn't fine (well, besides the fact that the NT4 isn't going to have the repeatable accuracy of the QDC due to no index pin, lockup method, etc)  Stay tuned for signature comparisons....
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For now, I tested some of them.  Stay tuned for that.  I absolutely love the latching mechanism.  So dang slick.  3-prong gang, though.

Jay
PEW Science
View Quote

You are saying so much without saying much at all. Can't wait for this review.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top