Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2022 5:06:53 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Brand new here so go easy on me lol.

I recently purchased this Palmetto State Armory 10.5 inch AR pistol in 300 blackout.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-10-5-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-12-slant-m-lok-moe-ept-sba3-pistol-5165448816.html

I'm wondering if you guys can help me find a suppressor that will fit it.

I have a dead air nomad 30 - TI coming in a few weeks for my other rifles but I don't think it will fit my new rig.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
whoops. Didn't actually look at that upper before my original post. Now l understand why you're asking.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#2]
buy a shorter handguard and install it.

or take a dremel and cut off part of your current handguard.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#3]
OP,

Handguard is longer than barrel and over the threads. As I see it you have 3 options:

1) Chop Handguard
B) Replace Handguard with one shorter
iii) Find dimensions of handguard and purchase can that will fit tucked inside the rail.

Unfortunately without knowing the dimensions of the handguard we can't really recommend a can for you. Since you already have the Nomad coming the cheapest option is probably chopping the handguard.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the same upper. I used a Dremel to thin mine down. I can barely get my Optimus on which is 1.375". No way is it going to fit my Hyperion.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
The safest bet is to replace with a shorter rail with your muzzle threads clearly out front.  Alternatively you can replace your barrel with a longer one if you absolutely want to keep this rail on it. Or go with another upper entirely.

The Nomad is pretty thick but there is a smaller 1.5 inch diameter section at the back.  Adding a Keymo adapter of the same diameter adds a little more length.  You might be able to get away with a larger diameter replacement rail to tuck in that skinnier portion if your trying to keep the 12 inch rail length.  Its tricky though getting the rail at just the right length to encompass that skinny section and not hit where the larger diameter part of the can is. It doesn't help when rail shopping  when some companies list their rails at a particular length but in actuality its a bit shorter or longer than advertised when your cutting it very close.

Its been done though before so surely someone will probably be along to give you exact recommendations based on their personal setup if this is of interest to you. Best of luck with this.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:53:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I suggest you bitch to PSA about the stupid practice of recessing the actual muzzle inside a handguard.  It’s not stupid for them, people like the aesthetics of the “tucked” suppressor or flash can look, but it’s impractical due to poor flexibility in mounting alternative muzzle devices.  Even swapping in an effective flash hider or muzzle brake to replace a largely cosmetic flash can is suboptimal.  Some brakes when recessed will shred a handguard.

There are muzzle extensions that might adapt suppressor forward of handguard but for weight and cost and overall function they might as well be useful rifled barrel.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suggest you bitch to PSA about the stupid practice of recessing the actual muzzle inside a handguard.  It’s not stupid for them, people like the aesthetics of the “tucked” suppressor or flash can look, but it’s impractical due to poor flexibility in mounting alternative muzzle devices.  Even swapping in an effective flash hider or muzzle brake to replace a largely cosmetic flash can is suboptimal.  Some brakes when recessed will shred a handguard.

There are muzzle extensions that might adapt suppressor forward of handguard but for weight and cost and overall function they might as well be useful rifled barrel.
View Quote

And about how tight there barrels are on. Waaaay over spec.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And about how tight there barrels are on. Waaaay over spec.
View Quote

Yes! I’ve though I was going to break the RE trying to get a friend’s off. Otherwise I like PSA

Good luck Op, the guys above posted the correct answers
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:36:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes! I’ve though I was going to break the RE trying to get a friend’s off. Otherwise I like PSA

Good luck Op, the guys above posted the correct answers
View Quote

Y'all don't like the trained monkey's handiwork?

Getting my 10.5 PSA barrel nut off to replace with the 10.3 barrel took some extra effort but it finally broke free.  They do seem to go a bit overboard with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top