Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 4:26:14 PM EDT
I’ve a 10.5” .375 SOCOM I’d like to take the bark out of.  I’m shooting supersonics so I’m not looking for ultimate stealth, I just want to make it less objectionable.  The threads are 5/8 x 24.  The Dead Air Wolfman with a micro brake and micro adapter looked promising, but Dead Air says it’s not 375 SOCOM rated.  Custom is okay if I can’t get what I want off the shelf.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at Rex MGx.  You can custom build the length and bore size.  Or you could grab a Rex MG7 with 458 bore if you want something quicker.  Silencerco Hybrid 46 or Griffin Bushwhacker would also work.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Do a custom Rex!
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By adavis:
Do a custom Rex!
View Quote

I think that would be pretty cool
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
This seems like a perfect fit for a Bushwacker or Hybrid. I keep looking at the Rex cans for a 350 Legend but the MG10 is longer, heavier, and about the same money as a Hybrid. I'm guessing the MG7 would be louder, plus no end cap flexibility on the Rex cans. I paid $600 for my Hybrid and it weighs 14 oz with a Ti DT mount, so I may just buy another Hybrid for the kids 350.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By adavis:
Do a custom Rex!
View Quote

+4
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I went with the Rex MG X.  I liked that I could order the number of baffles desired.  I wanted to keep it below 6 inches.  

Thank you all for your replies.  Most helpful.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]
There is also the bowers vers 375.

Edit: just realized you had already ordered one.  ?????
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Gone_rabid:
There is also the bowers vers 375.

Edit: just realized you had already ordered one.  ?????
View Quote

I looked at the Bowers 375, but they have a max temp condition.  While I’m not a mag dump kind of guy, I didn’t want to worry over how hot it got.

“Keep below 500 degrees F, which means .308 and .223 mag dumps are inappropriate for this silencer.”
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Dealer got the MG X in yesterday.  Very nice looking, well made.  Thanks all for the suggestion.

...and I wait.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dealer got the MG X in yesterday.  Very nice looking, well made.  Thanks all for the suggestion.

...and I wait.
View Quote

Awesome! Make sure you report back once you get your stamp!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top