Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2018 9:03:17 AM EDT
I think I'm going to get a 22lr suppressor. I want hollywood quiet. I currently own exclusively semi autos, and am interested in a lever action for fun. I don't want the Henry suppressor ready model because the barrel is so long. I'd prefer a low magazine capacity to a really long rifle.

I'm thinking this would be a fun custom project. The idea is to buy a decent rifle and shoot it enough to make sure I like it. I'm leaning towards a Browning BL22. The customization needed to get this to run with a suppressor, if I have everything right in my head, is to thread the barrel and shorten the magazine tube approximately by half (or shorten enough to clear the suppressor, and remove the suppressor for reloading). I'm wondering if anyone has done this? How did it work out? I'm also considering a pistol caliber lever action like a Winchester 1873 or 1892, but this will be exclusively a fun gun and I think the 22lr would be more fun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for interest. I'd like to suppress an Uberti Silverboy. Thinking about a 3-lug setup to make removal for reloading easier.

As for as the Henry goes, it probably wouldn't be much more to have the barrel cut before being threaded.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not go with a mag fed bolt action?
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
It can be done but taking the can on and off to reload would be a PITA.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I really want to do an integral with the feed tube through the can....Thinking of starting with  a mares leg  and using a full length tube..Maybe use the really nice tube end/nob from a bl22...use some brass parts in the build...
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I don't want the Henry suppressor ready model because the barrel is so long. I'd prefer a low magazine capacity to a really long rifle.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been studying the design in my spare time. It looks like the outer mag tube is held in with a screw. The screw locks into a divot in the tube. It looks to be as easy as cutting the tube and putting in a new divot. The inner tube appears to house a follower and spring, held in by a roll pin. Once disassembled, it looks like shortening it should be simple. The hard part is figuring out how long the spring should be. And if WECSOG goes wrong, both tubes can be replaced for around 60 bucks.

I'll have to think hard about that. This has the makings of a long, drawn out, pain in the butt project, that could yield an incredibly fun plinker.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't want the Henry suppressor ready model because the barrel is so long. I'd prefer a low magazine capacity to a really long rifle.
Mea Culpa.

I read through that before I posted to see if the Henry was mentioned and still glazed over it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top