Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2022 9:45:21 AM EDT
I've got a few options for suppressors on my ap5 I just need to find a 3 lug mount.

I've got a:
Octane 9mm
AAC Evolution 9mm
Tirant 9mm

Any recommendations or experience with the above?

Sources for 3 lugs mounts?

Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Octane will likely be the easiest to source the mount for. Several different companies produce 3lug mounts that will work, including of course Silencerco.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive got a tirant 45 and it sounds really good on my MP5s, especially when I wet the can. I use a 3 lug

Ill tell you how a wolfman sounds here pretty soon. My 3 lug shows up for it tomorrow.

Whatever you do get a 3 lug for it so you dont have to worry about it
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've got a few options for suppressors on my ap5 I just need to find a 3 lug mount.

I've got a:
Octane 9mm
AAC Evolution 9mm
Tirant 9mm

Any recommendations or experience with the above?

Sources for 3 lugs mounts?

View Quote

No experience with those brands but doesn't AAC's website show the Evolution comes with an end cap that fits on to three lug HK type muzzle devices?  If so, it should be a slam dunk fit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my Octane 45 with 3-lug mount on my Z5-RS.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a SilencerCo 46M Hybrid that works well; bought SilencerCo's trilug for my 46M and it works perfectly well.

46M AP5 by Solo__, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my Octane 45 with 3-lug mount on my Z5-RS.
View Quote

Hadn't considered that but since I don't like how my G21 suppresses that might be a good use of the Octane 45.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hadn't considered that but since I don't like how my G21 suppresses that might be a good use of the Octane 45.  
View Quote

If you can find the 9mm endcap, it works even better!
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like they're still around.
https://www.blackanklemunitions.com/products/silencerco-3-lug-mount-9mm/

Link Posted: 10/30/2022 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m a huge fan of using my old octane 9 on my pccs.  I love how I can shoot the shit out of them and then throw the baffles in a stainless tumbler and it’s like new again.  Very quiet too.  If I want really quiet I do run my wolf in full config.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I’m a huge fan of using my old octane 9 on my pccs.  I love how I can shoot the shit out of them and then throw the baffles in a stainless tumbler and it’s like new again.  Very quiet too.  If I want really quiet I do run my wolf in full config.
View Quote

I also have used my Octane9 with SiCo's newer short 3-lug adaptor on PCC's including a SP5 and it does sound really good on them. Really quiet and no FRP or GTF. The problem is I was going to use it on an AP5-P but the 3-lug mount on my AP5 is out of spec so my SiCo adaptor barely fits on it and has to be tapped off with a rubber mallet. The fitment issues on my AP5 really turned me off on them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#11]
You all had me so worried about my SilencerCo 3-lug mounts I had to go check them all.
Newer style shorter mounts.
No fitment issues on a PTR or the MKE. Guess I got lucky? Or are the guys experiencing problems just a “perfect storm” situation of a slightly oversized three-lug going into a slightly undersized mount?
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You all had me so worried about my SilencerCo 3-lug mounts I had to go check them all.
No fitment issues on a PTR or the MKE. Guess I got lucky? Or are the guys experiencing problems just a “perfect storm” situation of a slightly oversized three-lug going into a slightly undersized mount?
View Quote

Not sure. Mine worked fine with both the old and new style mounts.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope, not a perfect storm just a fucked up MKE. My SiCo adaptor works perfect on other hosts (including a different AP5). Only problem is on my AP5-P
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nope, not a perfect storm just a fucked up MKE. My SiCo adaptor works perfect on other hosts (including a different AP5). Only problem is on my AP5-P
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird. Do you think that it might be the knurled thread protector that the mount “indexes” off of?  Have you tried mounting/dismounting the adapter without that cap on?  Don’t shoot it like that, just check it.

ETA- @airgunner
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just put this adapter on my .45 and 9mm and it fit fine.  Email the mfg and see if the respond.  I had an issue with mine, they were a bit slow to respond but they sent me the part no questions asked.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Weird. Do you think that it might be the knurled thread protector that the mount “indexes” off of?  Have you tried mounting/dismounting the adapter without that cap on?  Don’t shoot it like that, just check it.

ETA- @airgunner
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ETA- @airgunner

Nope, the thread protector has nothing to do with it. It's the lugs. I can see the scratches/metal that's already been removed.

Quoted:
Email the mfg and see if the respond.  I had an issue with mine, they were a bit slow to respond but they sent me the part no questions asked.

If we weren't talking about Century Arms I probably would but I know I'd have to send it back to them and I don't trust them one bit with the rep they have. I'm going to give it to my son. he wants an MP5 but he doesn't have any suppressors so it won't be an issue for him.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:48:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I also have used my Octane9 with SiCo's newer short 3-lug adaptor on PCC's including a SP5 and it does sound really good on them. Really quiet and no FRP or GTF. The problem is I was going to use it on an AP5-P but the 3-lug mount on my AP5 is out of spec so my SiCo adaptor barely fits on it and has to be tapped off with a rubber mallet. The fitment issues on my AP5 really turned me off on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my zenith mke’s was like that as well.  The older style sico 3 lug worked fine but the newer didn’t fit.  I ended up filing just a bit and now all of them fit (still tight but it does).
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#18]
In for answers as well. I’m at the fun store picking up an AP5-P and AP5.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nope, the thread protector has nothing to do with it. It's the lugs. I can see the scratches/metal that's already been removed.

If we weren't talking about Century Arms I probably would but I know I'd have to send it back to them and I don't trust them one bit with the rep they have. I'm going to give it to my son. he wants an MP5 but he doesn't have any suppressors so it won't be an issue for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA- @airgunner

Quoted:
Email the mfg and see if the respond.  I had an issue with mine, they were a bit slow to respond but they sent me the part no questions asked.

It was century.  Maybe they'd just send a new barrel?  Worth a shot.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 8:59:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a Ghost-M and it works great on both the AP5 and AP5-P!
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Just to add a data point here, I just bought an AP5 and my Rugged Obsidian 45 3 lug mates up as it's intended to.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thick paint
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I just need to find a 3 lug mount.
AAC Evolution 9mm

View Quote
AAC owed me a Triad lug adapter for an EVO-9 and took my money.  When they sold to Remington, their CS department affirmed that they'd honor my paid order but were unable to do so until they finished moving.  Then their relationship went poop when Remington tanked and declared bankruptcy.  Then AAC had a web storefront resume and they declared they were moving yet again and I should call back in a few months when they resumed operations.  I forgot about them for awhile when PSA resurrected the AAC brand as a new company.  And now Kevin B has his new company "Q".

No more of my money will ever land on any company I've listed above.  I wish all of them merely enough luck to humbly feed and clothe themselves and not be a derelict burden on society.
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#24]
I run a 36M on my SP5 and Ruger PC carbine with my 150gr coated SWC. Both have been great with that combo. I got an YHM R9 on the way. I have  the AP5-P SBR'd and and did a little bit of with it before I got a  #28 locking piece. Unsuppressed it didn't like the #28 with 115gr FMJ's. That's the next step in the project with the AP5-P. My 150 SWC only run at about 900fps and are low pressure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top