Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2021 9:32:04 PM EDT
I’m today I shot my PTR 9kt with an Aac to-rant with Hanson brothers tri lug. It didn’t work at all.

I was shooting it with HK mags, NATO 124gr ball, and the #28 locking piece.

The gun ran fine without the suppressor. It didn’t work with subsonic 9mm either.

I put on a thread-on suppressor from a buddy that’s 9mm, and it worked fine.

Really weird. It was having FTE/FTF. It wouldn’t eject the fired casing while it tried to load a MRE round. Several times the casing got wedged under the bolt and had to be pried out.

Ideas?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
What suppressor does your buddy have?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Griffin revolution 9
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#3]
First thing you should do is disassemble the gun and check the buffer to see if the carrier is hitting it.Also look for roller marks on the rear of the receiver.Both of those things indicate that the gun is cycling to fast/hard.Also you are gonna more than likely need to replace the extractor spring...What was your bolt gap at after swapping locking pieces?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Buffer looks good.

Bolt gap-que? I sent it back in to PTR and they sent it back assembled with the locking piece in.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:12:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buffer looks good.

Bolt gap-que? I sent it back in to PTR and they sent it back assembled with the locking piece in.
View Quote

Check it anyway.There are alot of variables involved.These guns don’t have a “gas system” that you can turn a screw and magically make work with a suppressor.On these guns you change the function of them by swapping locking pieces and playing with the bolt gap.If it works with one suppressor and not the other you have to figure out if it’s cycling too hard or not cycling enough.Either situation will cause malfunctions.You may be able to try different ammo as well.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#6]
@last_crusader
Any updates?   I just ordered a 9kt and will be going through the 80* locking piece myself.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:04:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I had to replace the rollers with a +8 set, brings bolt gap to .018.

Measure the bolt gap with a feeler gauge, should let you know before you even fire a shot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Bet the main culprit is the extractor spring on its way out. Increased bolt thrust from suppressed just helped rear its head
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Every time I shoot my full size MP5 suppressed I blow an extractor spring.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

That’s bizarre. I’ve run at least 800 rounds through my PTR 9CT suppressed (Silencerco Omega 9K) without a single issue, extractor or otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#12]
3500 rds through my PTR 9c, about half that with the GSL Phoenix and no issues.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

What ammo are you shooting suppressed? I had an issue with 150gr Federal Syntech causing a jam after a magazine's worth of it and messed up the extractor spring. The projectile Federal uses is a flat nose that acts more like a hollow point which MP5's are notoriously finicky about feeding sometimes. That experience ended my range day and pushed me towards buying the MAD bolt head.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#14]
FWIW, I installed my 80* LP yesterday and it dropped right in place and my bolt gap is .017
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Something is very wrong with your gun.

My PDW, Navy, .40S&W and SD all go thousands of rounds.  I've gone 10k (mostly suppressed) out of my MP5-N without lowing an extractor spring.  Of course, my guns are properly built and all German except for the .40.  It matters, despite what the "jus as good" crowd will tell you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What ammo are you shooting suppressed? I had an issue with 150gr Federal Syntech causing a jam after a magazine's worth of it and messed up the extractor spring. The projectile Federal uses is a flat nose that acts more like a hollow point which MP5's are notoriously finicky about feeding sometimes. That experience ended my range day and pushed me towards buying the MAD bolt head.
View Quote

I shoot mil surplus ammo (non-subsonic).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top