Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2021 5:08:59 PM EDT
Hey everyone got the super scar trigger installed but it seems the trigger pin will walk out if I put a little pressure on it. Am I doing something wrong? Put the old trigger group in and it’s a little tighter against the retainer but can still be pushed out with a little force. I guess this is just how it is.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

It’s like the retaining plate isn’t catching the trigger pin at all. Works great on the hammer pin though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Super SCAR and don't have that problem. Woll be shooting the 17 this weekend,  I'll double check.

Have you called or emailed Geissele?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the Super SCAR and don't have that problem. Woll be shooting the 17 this weekend,  I'll double check.

Have you called or emailed Geissele?
View Quote

No I haven’t but I posted this same thread on the FN forum and it looks like my retaining plate is messed up. Probably my fault... I’ve got another trigger pin and plate coming from Midwest gun works. Hopefully replacing both will have it back up and running.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
G-man has a video on how to install maybe you missed something.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
G-man has a video on how to install maybe you missed something.
View Quote

I fixed it with a replacement trigger pin and retaining plate. I think I man handled the plate too much during installation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top