Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2023 10:08:48 PM EDT
So we are moving need to figure out a company than can safely moving my safe, it’s about a 350 mile move.   Has anyone done this? Suggestions, recommendations, costs?   Gonna need a pro safe mover, its a 4000lb TL30.  Me and my buddy aren’t gonna try to move this.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a similar situation/decision a while ago, and though this might not help, personally I left my hefty large safe with the old home and just purchased an even better and bigger safe for the new home.

The costs associated to relocate the old safe was not cheap and beneficial in my case, vs getting a new one. It was a 200 mile move for me at the time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, thought about it but the Amsec RF 6528, is about as good as it gets.  It’s 11years old as as new, they don’t wear out.  Not sure I will have many options.  Not many people willing to pony up $$ for a “REAL” safe,  too many pretty RSC on the market, yes pretty, but no real security IMHO.  Replacement cost is $13,000.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I hired a local rigging company to help stuff a 2000# mill into my basement.   Depending on where you've got it, once you can get it to an open area, you can rent a tractor with loader or an excavator to hook it and hoist it into a HD open trailer.   Repeat at the other end.  
Through judicious use of steel pipes as rollers and long steel bars for leverage, you might be surprised at how much weight you can move by hand.
I'd also ask how you got it whereever it is now and just reverse that process.
The place where you got the safe may have some good suggestions, too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Good idea, I have a call into West Coast Safes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I can tell you that if you're hiring somebody legitimate, that's going to be a move involving an overnight stay in a hotel.  In my neck of the woods, about $3,000.

If you have capable parties on both ends, it may make more sense to have it crated and loaded on one end, and then picked up and delivered on the other using a freight company as the transporter.

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve had a Tann TL30 moved.  

I’d start with contacting a store that sells them and ask who they use to move them.  

If it isn’t obvious, you should consider companies in CA and AZ (current and where you want to be).  

Personally I’d use someone in AZ to establish a new relationship.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I figure it’s gonna cost me a couple grand either way.  If I sell it for $9k I’m out $3-4K to replace it.  So if it cost me $2k to move it, it’s a win.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
And it is probably less work for you not having to find a buyer.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#9]
A co-worker just retired and had a similar problem.  He ended up contacting the company that he bought his safe from, and worked a 3 way deal with that company and a safe company in Florida where he moved to.  The local company bought his safe, and picked it up, and then ordered a new safe from the company in Florida and my buddy only ended up paying the delivery fee in Florida.  I don't know if the 2 companies were affiliated or just dealers for the same safes.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A co-worker just retired and had a similar problem.  He ended up contacting the company that he bought his safe from, and worked a 3 way deal with that company and a safe company in Florida where he moved to.  The local company bought his safe, and picked it up, and then ordered a new safe from the company in Florida and my buddy only ended up paying the delivery fee in Florida.  I don't know if the 2 companies were affiliated or just dealers for the same safes.
View Quote

Yeah, I think West Coast Safe would purchase mine or consignment sell it, and I could just purchase a new one.  Anyone that’s in the market for this kind of sale would jump on it to save a couple grand.  It’s not like it’s any different from ordering a new one for $13k.  Might look into this option.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good idea, I have a call into West Coast Safes.
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#12]
All scheduled with West Coast Safes, $2500 for the move from OC to AZ, they are good guys, that’s where I purchased it from.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All scheduled with West Coast Safes, $2500 for the move from OC to AZ, they are good guys, that’s where I purchased it from.
View Quote

That’s a very fair price.

Congratulations on your move from communist occupied America to (mostly) free America.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#14]
The last time I moved a safe it was 2000#'s.  I had my local safe guy get it on a pallet in the garage.  From there a freight company came to the house, used a pallet jack and rolled it onto a lift gate, and away it went.  Delivered the same way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top