Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2018 1:38:30 PM EDT
I have a few blades, but looking to purchase my first spring assisted knife for EDC purposes.

Is there anything out there for around 50 bucks that is proven reliable and durable?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several SA knives that I carry. In your price range take a look at the Columbia River Knife and Tool M-16 series. This one sees a lot of use by me as due to price, if I were to lose it, no big deal. Good blade, easy to keep sharp, and work very well.

There's a gazillion other choices out there, but this meets your criteria.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out pretty much any of the Kershaw line of knives. I have a couple different versions of the Kershaw Blur which are my favorite. I recently got the Kershaw Link as well for $40. It feels and looks nice but I have not used it enough yet to determine how much I like it. There are other models that are smaller too. Most of Kershaw’s knives are assisted opening.

ETA: Their warranty department is awesome too. I have bent the pocket clip several times over the years and they always send the knife back with a new pocket clip and a freshly sharpened blade.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a fan of spring assist but I have two Blurs. I think you can get one for about $50
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#4]
What size are you looking for?
My EDC small work knife is a Leek, had it for ~7 years, no issues.  Replaced the factory pocket clip with a low-riding clip from ebay.
I've got a Blur, it gets carried occasionally.

Most my other knives that get carried are autos or fixed blades.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Kershaw Brawler (tanto) rides EDC with me and gets my vote.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Kershaw Blur.  If you are willing to go with no warranty there are seconds and custom overruns available for a good price (on many Kershaw knives).

These seconds are marked with a faint xxxx.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The Blur is what you want.

....but I'd honestly look at one of the Kershaw Emersons instead. Wave is life.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top