Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2018 7:12:35 PM EDT
Been sitting on my form 1 stamp for a while, originally planned it for use on an SBR UZI, and would be OK with something that uses the barrel nut to mount, but not much of a machinist, do not have a lathe, and am wondering if it might just be better to get the shortest threaded barrel possible and just use that.

Any suggestions for the can build?  My form 1 listed the can as very long so I could have some wiggle room- didn't want to figure out the math and parts at the time....which seems to have been a good idea as a lot of form 1 parts suppliers seem to be out of business these days...
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Gemtech makes a dedicated Uzi adaptor that replaces the muzzle nut, and utilizes the same threads as their multimounts/LID's.......

most of the F1 parts suppliers offer the parts necessary to make this work with commercially available tubes....
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in the exact same boat you are.

Assuming I can get my goddamned Uzi SBR to work properly, I think my plan is to cut my barrel to 8.5", or get a new threaded one in that length. The adapters are cool, but they're pretty expensive and add some length. Is my thought on the matter anyway.

With an 8.5/8.3" (or somewhere around there, don't quote me) length barrel, the suppressor threads up close to the barrel nut and looks pretty good. To me it looks pretty dumb with the suppressor hanging off of a full-length 10" barrel.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Since this is a DIY Forum,  I figure I'd mention this as a seed of an idea for the more ingenious types here.

Modify and thread an inexpensive ($15) Uzi Blank firing adapter as a mechanism to mount a suppressor.  These are heavy duty construction - The blank adapter fits the barrel nut threads and goes over a standard barrel- could conceivably be cut and threaded to accept a back end of a Form 1 suppressor.  It would have to be larger thread than the diameter of an Uzi barrel, but probably some options out there.  If the can was made so it permitted insertion of the barrel into the baffles, seems like you could have stock length barrel and a suppressor mount too.  Over the counter choices are out there, but expensive.  Any creative lathe owners out there ?

OR perhaps there is a way to integrate this adapter as part of the Form 1 suppressor itself - have a big First expansion chamber ?

Uzi Blank Adapter

Link Posted: 10/15/2018 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
That blank adapter is a good idea. You cut off the end of it so your barrel sticks out the end by 3/4" and thread the end of the barrel and pin a thread protector onto the barrel so the blank adapter is trapped on the barrel. Then you can build a reflex silencer using the blank adapter as the mount and have a floating non removable barrel. that way its a 1 stamp uzi with a short barrel and a silencer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top