Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2023 2:18:23 PM EDT
Hey guys I wondered if any of you have issues with subsonics at distances up to 150?  at distances up to 80 it seems things are pretty tight from what I have watched on videos but it seems like after that it is a bit tougher to get decent groups out to 150.
What kind of groups can you guys get at 150 with subsonics?
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never shot for groups, but my MP5 clone gets hits on steel with homemade MK9K clone silencer with homemade subsonics out to 100yds.

More importantly it doesn't act any differently when using a Gemtech can.

I don't think the homemade can is going to be the limiting factor as much as the host and the ammo.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I just wonder how sensitive bullets are to using a device or not.  Subs are sensitive enough.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]
It still makes hits without a can as well, although much less "data" in this regard as that's like 5% or less that it isn't wearing a silencer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I can keep a suppressed ar22, with a 4.5" bbl, on a 6" gong @100yds (Holosun RDS).
My 30cal, integrally suppressed bolt rifle, firing 190 smk's, keeps a nice group @100 and I'd have confidence in a critical hit out to 200.

The bullet size and profile will play a key role, as will barrel twist and length.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just wonder how sensitive bullets are to using a device or not.  Subs are sensitive enough.
View Quote

Take it off and shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It makes hits.  But how big is the target?
View Quote

IIRC 1/2 scale man size targets we cut out of steel, approx the same as 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper I'd say.

This is a MP5 clone with red dot.

But I guess the emphasis here is that there is no difference between homemade can, factory can, and no can for the same host and ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top