Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2018 12:15:40 AM EDT
What’s the typical loadout for a subgun?

I’ve got a sp5k with the micro rig from Haley on the way.
Holds 4 mags. I’m thinking total of 7 mags, 4 chest 2 belt 1 in the Sp5k.  3 pistol mags? Two on the belt one in the handgun.
Blue force minimal ifak, comms pouch, dump pouch, flashlight in the chest rig, multitool.

Anything else?
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Mission drives the equipment, so what are you using it for?

During a portion of my active duty time I had an MP5 issued to me. I carried a pair of mags with an H&K clamp on the MP5 and found that a clamped pair of mags fit nicely in an M4 double mag pouch. Be cause of this I carried 8 on my chest and 2 on the gun.

Now as a LEO, SMGs are dropping out of favor. But for the entry teams that do carry them, you rarely see more then 2-3 spares on the vest. SWAT teams are not anticipating a protracted firefight for 99% of their work.

For a home defense, grab and go, etc.... I really can't see the justification for more or even as much as your carrying now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mission drives the equipment, so what are you using it for?

During a portion of my active duty time I had an MP5 issued to me. I carried a pair of mags with an H&K clamp on the MP5 and found that a clamped pair of mags fit nicely in an M4 double mag pouch. Be cause of this I carried 8 on my chest and 2 on the gun.

Now as a LEO, SMGs are dropping out of favor. But for the entry teams that do carry them, you rarely see more then 2-3 spares on the vest. SWAT teams are not anticipating a protracted firefight for 99% of their work.

For a home defense, grab and go, etc.... I really can't see the justification for more or even as much as your carrying now.
View Quote
The m4 pouch you speak of, is that a Velcro Molle type?
For me I’m looking for grab n go shtf.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Not really a subgun load, per se, but for my 8” PSA 9mm pistol, I use an HSGI AO carrying six Pmag21’s and a small BOK.

It works.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#4]
They were just TAG M4 double mag pouches. Nothing special. I didn't want to change my armor's pouches for the times that I traded my M4 for the MP5 (Often against my will...)

Now there are far better options with swift clips and placards, etc.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The m4 pouch you speak of, is that a Velcro Molle type?
For me I’m looking for grab n go shtf.
View Quote
I run a Glock AR9.  I have found that stick mag will fit two wide in an AR mag pouch on a chest rig.

I have considered some kydex carriers on a custom rig like an HSGI AO I build up on my own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top