Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2020 3:49:28 PM EDT
Does the AUG only take their own pattern of magazines? Or can the AUG be refitted to take AR-pattern/STANAG mags?
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a NATO stock that can use M16 mags
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
There are two 5.56 versions of the AUG -- one takes standard AUG magazines and the other takes AR-15/M16 magazines. A simple stock/hammerpack change allows you to switch from one platform to the other.

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a NATO stock that can use M16 mags
View Quote

A typical AUG uses AUG specific magazines. If you're looking at AUGs, a NATO AUG uses M16 type mags.

The stock is what determines which magazine the gun accepts. Because the stocks are interchangeable, a standard AUG can be turned into a NATO AUG (or vice versa) by buying the other stock and swapping them out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are two 5.56 versions of the AUG -- one takes standard AUG magazines and the other takes AR-15/M16 magazines. A simple stock/hammerpack change allows you to switch from one platform to the other.

https://i.imgur.com/EFm1U52.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/omIB7Og.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, this.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Only stupid question is those unasked. We’ve all been there. Two stocks as people have said one takes NATO and does not have bolt release other is the aug pattern and does have bolt release also dual trigger bar I believe. Anyway there has been speculation of a NATO coming with bolt release but who knows. I went aug pattern because I like the bolt release and hey those 42 rounders are pretty cool and I like the aug mags a lot
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
AUG owner here.

Stick with the AUG mags. They're 100 times better than an AR mag.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stick with the AUG mags. They're 100 times better than an AR mag.
View Quote

Good advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top