Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2020 12:03:22 PM EDT
Can anyone suggest a brand and/or source for high quality, strong micro torx bits ( T5-T9). I've purchase several sets from Amazon and Brownells and they all either twist and deform or simply snap off when using anything beyond light applied torque. I have several projects on hold and a pistol with a #8 torx bit snapped off in the rear sight rendering in non-adjustable or removable. As always I would prefer "Made in U.S.A." high quality tools, European manufacturer would also be OK but I'm done spending $$ on Asian junk tools.

Best Regards,
Maleemi
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like Mayhew.

Have a large number of hex bits from them, haven't broken or twisted any.
I have no idea where they are made
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Apex.
Best bits by far.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Sadly, I have given up on US manufactured Torx bits-- I have been very pleased with German made FELO and German designed but Czech manufactured Wera bits. Some Wiha bits are still made in Germany, but many of them are now being outsourced to China, so buyer beware. You can find them and other high quality German tools at www.kctoolco.com (which is actually a US distributor, so things are shipped quick.)
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:15:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Wera makes good stuff. For usa made try Chapman.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Wiha set of bits that hasn’t broken a single one in almost a decade.

Wera, Felo, Stahlwille shoul be comparable.

ETA: if you have to have USA Snap On is really good but you will pay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top