Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2018 9:01:39 PM EDT
What is the actual receiver on a Street Sweeper? I see parts kit and I'm wondering how hard it would be to finish it out as a F1.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't recall ever seeing any of the receivers for sale. I think they're less common than USAS-12 receivers (which I've searched for actively).
Your only option may be to make one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't recall ever seeing any of the receivers for sale. I think they're less common than USAS-12 receivers (which I've searched for actively).
Your only option may be to make one.
View Quote
yes, that's what i meant.  i'd like to know what the dimensions are.  rough size is ok.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like receiver info is hard to find.
Here are a couple of better posts. No real receiver info though.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-17961.html

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/_ARCHIVED_THREAD____Streetsweeper___Assembly_Disassembly/21-206210/?page=1

Apparently the receiver is what the barrel, barrel shroud, and drum housing attach to, so it's going to be that plastic-covered section which includes the grip. I assume there's metal under there, since the barrel is threaded.

ATF has stated in letters that you'll be in possession of a DD unless you have no receiver and no cylinder.

If you find any good info, please post it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#4]
i actually found a parts kit and bought it.  i just started cleaning it up.

here is another parts kit on gunbroker.  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/750117876
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I see now that the receiver is that metal frame. Interesting. Are you planning on welding the receiver back together? Is that where the manufacturer's markings are?
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I see now that the receiver is that metal frame. Interesting. Are you planning on welding the receiver back together? Is that where the manufacturer's markings are?
View Quote
i have got a different kit.  on mine, they cut a inch out of the top of the frame and the serial number which was under the crank.  it is cut up more than the frame in the gunbroker listing.  i'm thinking about filing a Form 1, it should be some fitting, but i don't know if i have the ability to weld aluminum steel.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

here is another parts kit on gunbroker.  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/750117876
View Quote
Damn... I wish I hadn't seen that. Oh, well, one more goofy item crossed off my list. I hate having such a bad case of NFAitis.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Damn... I wish I hadn't seen that. Oh, well, one more goofy item crossed off my list. I hate having such a bad case of NFAitis.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You bought it?

So I get a finder's fee, right?
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You bought it?

So I get a finder's fee, right?
View Quote
A reverse finder's fee! Feeding the habit, after all... I shouldn't thank you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#10]
So where are the markings located?
This thread needs pics!
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This thread needs pics!
View Quote
Can do, but it's probably about two weeks before I receive the parts.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This thread needs pics!
View Quote
Here's my parts kit....

The maker is on top, SN is on the bottom. Mine was cut off, the GunBroker auction has his still there. His kit will be extremely easy to F1. Mine is a little more challenging. So I'm not sure if I'll keep it for spares, or file the F1.

Link Posted: 3/15/2018 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#13]
No kidding that it will be easy, I intend to go the super-cheap route of milling the overlapping sections of receiver into a notch and tab, then pin and weld. While I wait for the F1, it's going to probably be something goofy like a .44-40 rifle. Easy enough to cobble together some liners and thread a blank for the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No kidding that it will be easy, I intend to go the super-cheap route of milling the overlapping sections of receiver into a notch and tab, then pin and weld. While I wait for the F1, it's going to probably be something goofy like a .44-40 rifle. Easy enough to cobble together some liners and thread a blank for the receiver.
View Quote
neat!  please share pics of your progress!

my parts kit has a messed up stock, which is why i got it somewhat cheap.  my receiver is cut around the winding knob and on top.  i have rough dimensions to make it work, but i'm not sure if i want to have a SS with a messed up stock.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#15]
It looks like that area is intact on the parts inbound to me. Would pictures and dimensions help you out?

As far as the stock, they're total garbage even when they're brand new. I had one on my Penn Arms 40mm, and I replaced it with a fixed stock pretty quick. For the SS I plan to make a simple adapter to either AK or AR type stocks and use one of those. Easy enough to do, remove the folding parts and put an aluminum block on the inside of the polymer, then drill/tap right through the polymer and attach what you want to the back of what's left after you remove the factory pivot. You'll enjoy it, I promise.

Link Posted: 3/15/2018 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It looks like that area is intact on the parts inbound to me. Would pictures and dimensions help you out?

As far as the stock, they're total garbage even when they're brand new. I had one on my Penn Arms 40mm, and I replaced it with a fixed stock pretty quick. For the SS I plan to make a simple adapter to either AK or AR type stocks and use one of those. Easy enough to do, remove the folding parts and put an aluminum block on the inside of the polymer, then drill/tap right through the polymer and attach what you want to the back of what's left after you remove the factory pivot. You'll enjoy it, I promise.

https://i.imgur.com/JAzxlTw.jpg
View Quote
I think my dimensions are pretty good.

As for the stock, I think I'll keep it the way it is right now. Maybe you can motivate me with your build.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top