Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2018 12:04:29 PM EDT
I have an older Ultrastinger halogen flashlight. I hat a Terralux LED blub in it. The bulb broke, now I can't find a replacement for it. Does anyone know if any other option for these aside from going back to halogen?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Terralux stopped making their LED upgrades for the Ultrastinger.  I've been looking myself, since I want to upgrade my Ultrastinger, but haven't found anything other than the halogen bulb
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Terralux stopped making their LED upgrades for the Ultrastinger.  I've been looking myself, since I want to upgrade my Ultrastinger, but haven't found anything other than the halogen bulb
View Quote
Yeah that kinda sucks. On the good side the bulb is cheap and plentiful on ebay. I'm not sure why Streamlight doesn't just sell an upgrade for it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah that kinda sucks. On the good side the bulb is cheap and plentiful on ebay. I'm not sure why Streamlight doesn't just sell an upgrade for it.
View Quote
I suspect they just want us to buy new flashlights instead of upgrading what we have.....
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump because I have 3 Ultrastingers.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I did a little research the other night on our old Ultrastingers and the new 1100 Lumen LED Ultrastinger.

The head of the LED model appears to be different, with a different lens that allows focusing the beam, and the LED is attached to the switch assembly.  But, I'm not sure if its possible to put the LED and switch of the LED Ultrastinger in our old Ultrastinger or not, since there weren't any pictures available of the new switch/LED to compare the two switch assemblies.  The LED switch assembly is over $40, so its a little pricey to try it out with the hope it might work....

There's another option to use an aftermarket bulb in the old Ultrastinger, but you have to replace the lens with a glass lens, otherwise the plastic lens can melt.  The bulbs seemed hard to get as well.

I wish Streamlight would make retrofit kits.....
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I called Streamlight. The woman I spoke to said they still have the bulbs for sale but there is no upgrade for it. She told me there is a company that makes an LED bulb for it but they don't support that company. I assume she meant Terralux. Pretty frustrating. They could make plenty from selling an upgrade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top