Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2020 2:11:51 PM EDT
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with one of these shotguns?  Made in Turkey but supposed to be a decent M2 clone and owned by the same parent company as Benelli.  Have a chance to grab one and looking for any opinions.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of much aftermarket support / accessories.

If you like the gun as it is, then Rock On...
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't own one but I have shot many and I see them at competitions.  Owners tend to love them, and not too far back I almost pulled the trigger (so to speak) on one from the EE but my 3 gun flirtation didn't take root so I never took the leap.  I suggest you go to the shotgun section of the Competitive Shooting forum, a lot of info there on this particular shotgun.   BTW, there is a ton of aftermarket stuff for them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with one of these shotguns?  Made in Turkey but supposed to be a decent M2 clone and owned by the same parent company as Benelli.  Have a chance to grab one and looking for any opinions.  Thanks!
View Quote

They have a great reputation in 3gun community.  I still have a JM 930 that serves me well but apparently others have to clean them too frequently.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a M3k. I really really like it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Update being I bought mine the next day. a M3000 tactical. Took it out and ran 150 rounds of high power game loads through it as I read to "break it in".  Ran all without a hitch.  Then 18 rounds of flight control 00 low recoil also with no problems.  Gun says 7 plus 1 but I was able to successfully and easily ghost load it to 8+1+1.  No surprisingly a 7lb inertia operated shotgun kicks......more than I expected.

I found a load of parts and upgrades at MOAprecision and ordered a larger safety,mag tube clamp/sling swivel,and a set of replacement springs.  I wanted a actual Benelli extractor and a MOA extended bolt release but they are out of stock......but I'll order one ASAP.

Pros so far... Very well built and feeling for the $500 I paid.  Reliable so far with all loads and I can't imagine it won't stay that way.  It seems most complaints Ive read have been 3 gun shooters trying to cycle the softest shooting loads possible. 1 1/8th Oz game loads cycled it VIGOROUSLY and ejected shells 4' away. I'll never shoot loads lighter than that in it as its not a competition gun but a home defense set up.  Capacity from the factory is awesome. Action was as clean inside after testing as it was before....NO powder residue at all.  Chrome interior of the receiver is SLICK and would clean quickly if needed. Follower is high viz red aluminum.  Bolt handle is already oversized and will not require replacement for me.

Cons so far.  The wings protecting the rear ghost ring sight are plastic and feel flimsy,an easy fix for Stoeger that they should do.  Front "fiber optic" sight is basically red plastic which seems to gather NO light.  I have Hi Viz sights on lots of shotguns(hunting) and know what they can do.  This would also be an easy and cheap fix for Stoeger.  The extended safety and bolt release from the 3 gun model should be standard on the defense and tactical model.  The tactical has the standard small button safety and bolt release that 95% of people will pay to upgrade. Stoeger should offer it from the factory. I cannot find a side saddle ammunition carrier to fit this thing,I understand the problems that CAN cause but I want to try one.  I'm pretty sure that Benelli M2 ones that replce the top optics rail will fit but I haven't heard this 100% yet.

All in all VERY happy with the purchase.  For my particular use I do NOT believe I would have been happy paying 3x more for a Benelli M2.  Undoubtedly a better shotgun, but this one does everything I want or need from a shotgun.Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By trobertson5-0:
Update being I bought mine the next day. a M3000 tactical. Took it out and ran 150 rounds of high power game loads through it as I read to "break it in".  Ran all without a hitch.  Then 18 rounds of flight control 00 low recoil also with no problems.  Gun says 7 plus 1 but I was able to successfully and easily ghost load it to 8+1+1.  No surprisingly a 7lb inertia operated shotgun kicks......more than I expected.

I found a load of parts and upgrades at MOAprecision and ordered a larger safety,mag tube clamp/sling swivel,and a set of replacement springs.  I wanted a actual Benelli extractor and a MOA extended bolt release but they are out of stock......but I'll order one ASAP.

Pros so far... Very well built and feeling for the $500 I paid.  Reliable so far with all loads and I can't imagine it won't stay that way.  It seems most complaints Ive read have been 3 gun shooters trying to cycle the softest shooting loads possible. 1 1/8th Oz game loads cycled it VIGOROUSLY and ejected shells 4' away. I'll never shoot loads lighter than that in it as its not a competition gun but a home defense set up.  Capacity from the factory is awesome. Action was as clean inside after testing as it was before....NO powder residue at all.  Chrome interior of the receiver is SLICK and would clean quickly if needed. Follower is high viz red aluminum.  Bolt handle is already oversized and will not require replacement for me.

Cons so far.  The wings protecting the rear ghost ring sight are plastic and feel flimsy,an easy fix for Stoeger that they should do.  Front "fiber optic" sight is basically red plastic which seems to gather NO light.  I have Hi Viz sights on lots of shotguns(hunting) and know what they can do.  This would also be an easy and cheap fix for Stoeger.  The extended safety and bolt release from the 3 gun model should be standard on the defense and tactical model.  The tactical has the standard small button safety and bolt release that 95% of people will pay to upgrade. Stoeger should offer it from the factory. I cannot find a side saddle ammunition carrier to fit this thing,I understand the problems that CAN cause but I want to try one.  I'm pretty sure that Benelli M2 ones that replce the top optics rail will fit but I haven't heard this 100% yet.

All in all VERY happy with the purchase.  For my particular use I do NOT believe I would have been happy paying 3x more for a Benelli M2.  Undoubtedly a better shotgun, but this one does everything I want or need from a shotgun.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/107119/20200514_162426_jpg-1415733.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/107119/20200514_162421_jpg-1415735.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/107119/20200514_162417_jpg-1415736.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/107119/20200514_162439_jpg-1415737.JPG
View Quote

Can you do me a favor?  

Measure the outside diameter of the barrel at the muzzle with a caliper or micrometer and let me know the measurement (should be be somewhere between .800-.900").

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GunCat:

Can you do me a favor?  

Measure the outside diameter of the barrel at the muzzle with a caliper or micrometer and let me know the measurement (should be be somewhere between .800-.900"). 

Thanks
View Quote

.892 measured in 3 spots
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By trobertson5-0:

.892 measured in 3 spots
View Quote

Thank you!

Is the barrel threaded for screw in choke tubes?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GunCat:

Thank you!

Is the barrel threaded for screw in choke tubes?
View Quote

The tactical is not. I believe that the 3 gun is.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The tactical is not. I believe that the 3 gun is.
View Quote
The M3K is threaded for chokes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top