Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2020 1:28:36 PM EDT
So, there is enough of a gap between the stock and receiver, that the pin for the clip release walks forward under fire. Need opinions on how to fill that gap.

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem with mine, folded a piece of paper for a temp range fix, and the permanent solution for me was to fit a small piece of an old SKS stock that I had into the gap.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I was leaning toward trying to shape a small piece of wood and gluing it in place. Small enough it shouldn’t be too noticeable.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
JB Weld or which ever epoxy you have on hand.

Use solvent to leech oil out of stock before bonding.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Glue in wood patch, then pre drill and pin in place with a brass finish nail. Clip nail head off flush and file and sand. It’s how armories used to do it.

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Tacking in a small pice of wood.....I will go that route. Thanks for all the help.

Well, not the prettiest or a perfect match, but this one is a shooter. It should do what I need it to do.

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoeBud:
Tacking in a small pice of wood.....I will go that route. Thanks for all the help.

Well, not the prettiest or a perfect match, but this one is a shooter. It should do what I need it to do.

https://i.imgur.com/dk3yyEe.jpg
View Quote

Spend $50 and buy a new old stock Italian stock from Sarco.  Here's one in this picture.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top