Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2023 10:30:48 AM EDT
Bought it a Sportsman's Warehouse for $306 out the door.

I hear that this specific model was pretty rare, especially in this caliber (.357 Magnum).  They soon went to a cross-bolt safety and then shut down New Haven manufacture of rifles.  

There's not even a single example of this on GB...  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a nice Winchester...

The 94 action isn't ideal for pistol calibers, that might be why you don't see them very often. I never understood why Winchester even made those guns when the 92 was already in production. Maybe the 94 was cheaper to manufacture. It's still worth a pretty penny. The few that I have seen are always the same model you have. IMWO, it doesn't get any better then a .357 lever gun. They're just fun to shoot.

FWIW, my first 4473 was a new Ruger SS Blackhawk in .357. It was the mid 80s, I paid $207.00 for it deliverd to my house by USPS....California sure has changed since then :(
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top