Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2020 11:56:41 PM EDT
So I'm considering changing my game plan up some for an R9 once I can get ahold of one.

Picked up my approved R2 today and noticed they had one Turbo K2 left in the display.  I decided to purchase it.  Having a shiny never used Keymo adapter and all this R9 money burning a hole in my pocket didn't help at all lol.  

I had planned on using that Keymo adapter with the R9 but now I'm ear marking it for the new Turbo K2. That means I'll have to buy another mount possibly.  I'm either just going to use the included direct thread with the R9 or seriously consider looking into the 3 lug option. This can will mainly be for my 9mm RDB.  I may try it on my Keltec Sub2k and or the Beretta M9 if I ever get a threaded barrel and the piston kit. Of course I can always pull the Keymo out of either the R2 or T2 temporarily if I wanted to try the R9 on one of the rifle hosts.

Since I'm pretty much delegating the R9 for 24/7 PCC duty lets talk 3 lug.  I know I've seen postings where Rugged may not work with SiCo etc..... and obviously YHM hasn't released their 3 lug module yet so no known incompatibility yet.  With the R9 being 1.375x24 other companies 3 lug modules should also work right?

Straight up 3 lug or do you guys recommend the 3 lug with the 1/2x28 thread combo? Any other 3 lug advice I should know beforehand?

Appreciate any insight you would like to share.

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:31:53 AM EDT
[#1]
3-lug all the thingz.

I’ve been getting barrels with integral 3-lugs.
I’m using a Rugged 3-lug adapter.
I have a SiCo piston housing for the MG7.

When my MG7 gets out of jail the 3-lug is staying in.
My MiniBoss will be dedicated to pistols/piston.

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 5:54:02 AM EDT
[#2]
You say turbo “K2” ? Did you get the full-size 556 can- T2 or the new K can?

I’m jelly of the R2 jail  release...I’m 180 days into my R2 and 100 days into my stinger and T2....

I’m also planning on getting a R9 and building up a 9mm pcc or such inn that meantime, and most likely use the standard Yhm Mount from my R2 (as I got a kurz kit for it already) and setting it up on the R9, that way I can use it on the 9mm and also my 16” 556 and 6.5 uppers if need be...who knows..that’s in a year..as the next batch and jail time...

So not sure if any of that really helps...lol..
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I impulse bought a Turbo K v2 with the new endcap.

I don't know guys.  I'm also kinda riding the fence here on the Jmac x37 direct thread/brake combo.  It kinda clicked in my head that the Turbo K is going to be basically dedicated to my 10.5 and that was the one barrel the R9 was going to be a no go for anyway so I may stick to my original plan now. Why dedicate the R9 for 9mm only when it can be useful across most of my hosts as well?  

So I'm thinking seriously of going with a Jmac x37 mount for the 10.5 to use in the Turbo K.  That would give me the direct thread/Kurz kit footprint but with a sacrificial Jmac brake inside and use the spare keymo in the R9 like originally planned.  I was forgetting I could bounce the r9 around on all of my other hosts that are setup for keymo except the 10.5.  I've already got the 9mm compatible Dead Air micro brake on my RDB where the R9 will live most of the time and it would be nice to move it to other hosts without having to swap a mount on/off the back all the time.

If want to try out 3lug or add a booster for handgun use I think a second 9mm can would be the better option. This might be ideal for my Sub2k.  Set it up for 3 lug maybe?  Instead of 2 R9s like I was initially thinking revisit the idea of something like an Obsidian again.  That would give me another rimfire option as well. I'd like to eventually have options available where I don't have to mess with threading in mounts all the time.  Just setup em up for a specific task and leave em alone.  The only can it seems where having to move mounts around all the time is unavoidable are the typical handgun cans.  I guess its a non issue since your going to have to be breaking it down for cleaning anyway especially if your also introducing rim fire into the mix.

Decisions suck lol.

I'm just trying to evaluate here all the options and get the most versatility or make sure I'm planning on the right tool(s) for the job.  I think my game plan here is solid.  Anyone see anything I'm over looking?

Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I just pickedbup my MG7k this week..... its quite a bit thicker around than I thought it would be.  Here it is on my M-11

https://youtu.be/YQRcaa9IbHA

I picked up a sico piston housing also and like you will be moving to 3 lug on everything and relegating the piston mount to something else

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3-lug all the thingz.

I’ve been getting barrels with integral 3-lugs.
I’m using a Rugged 3-lug adapter.
I have a SiCo piston housing for the MG7.

When my MG7 gets out of jail the 3-lug is staying in.
My MiniBoss will be dedicated to pistols/piston.

https://i.imgur.com/AOGab8J.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/gmI7Gfz.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet looking M11.  That one of those LAGE uppers?

Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#6]
God I love the look of those T H I C C C Bois.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:39:23 PM EDT
[#7]
TurboK2 for rifles. R9 3-lug for PCC. Done.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Appreciate the replies guys.  Decided I'm sticking to my original plan but I can always revisit the 3 lug idea at a later date if I want.

After shooting the Turbo K I just jailed yesterday I think eventually going with a Jmac X37 to dedicate it to my 10.5 will be ideal.  For now I'll just use this Keymo adapter till I get an R9 available.  I'm probably going to also finally visit the adjustable block thing on this 10.5 upper as it would do it some good since I kinda stole the bootleg adjustable for that 12.5 AEM5 setup.  Shooting these two side by side was interesting.  Both sound great.  The AEM5 setup quieter of couse. The Turbo K like everyone says has a nice tone to it even though its louder.  Amazing from such a small can  I'm liking the direction things are heading so far.  This makes waiting on this elusive R9 right now not so bad lol.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top