Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2018 5:46:43 PM EDT
http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/20/spartanat-corvus-is-coming/

Hopefully this means trigger packs will be here soon.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/20/spartanat-corvus-is-coming/

Hopefully this means trigger packs will be here soon.
View Quote
If they work well I’m in for 2 or more
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes! I have wanted some of there stuff for my AUGs this is good news!
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Great news. More choices are always better.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
A good move, as Steyr doesn't seem willing or able to innovate/further the AUG (which makes me incredibly sad, as I love it!).
I have Corvus' mag deflector and it's good quality but also not inexpensive - I do hope there's no 'Steyr tax' on top of existing pricing, but otherwise looking forward to it/being able to order/ship from the US.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm really excited about this. Their newest rails are some of the best thought out, best executed around.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 1:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe I'll finally be able to afford that brass deflector I've been drooling over
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully they blow Giesselle out of the water with their trigger pack.

Giesselle has been pretty disrespectful not even answering the thread about the Steyr trigger.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I talked to Corvus at SHOT, the trigger pack is still undergoing NATO drop safe testing (which is very extensive) prior to them being comfortable releasing it to the market.

Also, they will start offering their new Handguard, and hopefully their grip rail, with MLOK, in addition to the Keymod they now have.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to the booth - seems like Corvus is in control of steyr  AT
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went to the booth - seems like Corvus is in control of steyr  AT
View Quote
Corvus Defensio is a 4 person company.

Mick
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#11]
That's great news, Corvus has some great products. I couldn't resist getting the brass deflector a while back. I would imagine Corvus having to expand, it is my understanding as well that it is a very small operation.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Corvus Defensio is a 4 person company.

Mick
View Quote
iirc, Steyr Austria only has about 50 employees
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Giesselle has been pretty disrespectful not even answering the thread about the Steyr trigger.
View Quote
Corvus has been working with Geissele on their trigger as it will use ALG/Geissele components.  I don't think Geissele is disrespectful when they found a partner to develop a solution that specializes in the AUG.  Perhaps they signed an NDA as part of their partnership with Corvus.

The AUG is a pretty low volume gun.  Corvus is looking at military markets for a select fire trigger, so it has to navigate the bureaucracy of testing in order to get the necessary approvals.  If they only focused on the civilian market, that would mean that they would have to charge a ton for it just to break even.  If they spread the development cost over both civi and mil, they can lower the end cost per unit due to a larger market.  To sell in Europe, they would need testing approvals regardless, so that just moves at a glacial pace.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Corvus has been working with Geissele on their trigger as it will use ALG/Geissele components.  I don't think Geissele is disrespectful when they found a partner to develop a solution that specializes in the AUG.  Perhaps they signed an NDA as part of their partnership with Corvus.

The AUG is a pretty low volume gun.  Corvus is looking at military markets for a select fire trigger, so it has to navigate the bureaucracy of testing in order to get the necessary approvals.  If they only focused on the civilian market, that would mean that they would have to charge a ton for it just to break even.  If they spread the development cost over both civi and mil, they can lower the end cost per unit due to a larger market.  To sell in Europe, they would need testing approvals regardless, so that just moves at a glacial pace.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can't be bothered to respond to team members in their forum on this site for over a year.

That does show those people any tape t as customers regardless of what you have deduced about their marketing strategy for THIS trigger.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They can't be bothered to respond to team members in their forum on this site for over a year.

That does show those people any tape t as customers regardless of what you have deduced about their marketing strategy for THIS trigger.
View Quote
Geissele doesn't owe YOU or anyone else an answer.  When they're good and ready he will release a trigger if he chooses to do so.

and lol @ you hoping Giessele's trigger will be out done by what will be anoth Giessele/ALG Def trigger.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Great news! Can't wait to see some triggers that aren't vaporware.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Geiselle is not working with corvus defensio as per Bill Geiselle this afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Geiselle is not working with corvus defensio as per Bill Geiselle this afternoon.
View Quote
Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:42:48 AM EDT
[#19]
was at shot saw Biil Geissele ushered into a side room with HK defense like he was the pope with the leadership of HK.  Didn't see Bill any where near the Steyr booth. Shot show = amazing. Getting the trigger is key-  mess it up your accuracy and timing goes up in smoke.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Geissele doesn't owe YOU or anyone else an answer.  When they're good and ready he will release a trigger if he chooses to do so.

and lol @ you hoping Giessele's trigger will be out done by what will be anoth Giessele/ALG Def trigger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should be in marketing. LOL
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#21]
So when is SteyrUSA is going to start selling them?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 4:44:14 AM EDT
[#22]
probably like a year from now
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#23]
You guys should just order from Corvus now - shipping is like $15 or less and its delivered within a week.

I've had my Corvus upgrades for nearly a year now - and I'm very satisfied.

http://corvusdefensio.com/en/product-category/in-stock/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top