Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2020 1:47:48 AM EDT
I know that most of the receiver is aluminum. I'm guessing that the part where the bolt and barrel lock in are steel which would make sense to me.

Despite owning more than one AUG I'm away from home and can not confirm this to be true or not.

My buddy insist that only the guide rod inserts on the rear are steel. I call BS, there is no way that a weapon with the durability of an AUG locks a steel bolt into aluminum.

I've got a small bet on this and need some assistance.

Thanks.

tsh77769
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:06:18 AM EDT
[#1]
There’s a sort of steel endplate on the receiver that includes the locking lugs and the ss inserts for the guide rods

Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#2]
The receiver lugs are part of a steel insert.

They are steel. Aluminum? C'mon bro
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
It's steel. I can hang one off a magnet and take a picture if it helps you win your bet...
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes its steel, I was part of the AXR project, and we used original trunions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top