Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2020 3:33:46 PM EDT
expressly the fore stock? Is there a glue, epoxy, or filler suitable to use on wood, that will hold up with the stress of pulling the fore stock off? I will be replacing the old Tenite/Bakelite stock. I have not over drilled the new wood stock I just want to find a method to firmly set the screws permanently. Anyone have a product they've had good luck with?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used Zpoxy finishing resin on wood with success, it is very runny however so you would have to work accordingly with it. It's the same stuff some restaurants put on their bars
for heavy use.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks I'll look into it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:42:00 AM EDT
[#4]
You’re concern is with mounting the spring tab that locks the fore end to the barrel? I’ve used gorilla glue on screw threads into wood. That said I’ve never had a problem with any of my 24’s failing there. I have seen stripped  / wrong screws from home gunsmiths cause problems.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You’re concern is with mounting the spring tab that locks the fore end to the barrel? I’ve used gorilla glue on screw threads into wood. That said I’ve never had a problem with any of my 24’s failing there. I have seen stripped  / wrong screws from home gunsmiths cause problems.
View Quote

That's what I'm concerned with. The existing screws are threaded in plastic/Tenite not wood. Suggestions for appropriate screws for wood? Mine is a 22/410 and came with an original tenite stock in really rough shape. Picked up a Monte Carlo wood stock set from ahem, Brownells, and I'm trying to do the whole process right. I really don't want to settle for the ACE Hardware  or  True Value fastener bin route.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top