Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2018 4:08:47 PM EDT
I'm putting a tailhook on my sterling pistol, bought an extra receiver cap and I'm going to mount a M4 adapter on the cap then a tube and tailhook. my concern being able to line up the
sights being that the tube may be too high and in the way, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The endcap is not a very solid mounting location - the stock will wobble like crazy, maybe even detatching the cap and disassembling the whole gun. It would be much more solid to mount directly to the receiver tube via a fabricated adapter. This would also fix the sight alignment issue you raised.

Either way, it will look like ass (no offense) - the Sterling is a classic that deserves more respect than that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I've thought about the location already, it is a test project, that's why I got a donor receiver cap, I don't want to make any modifications to the original
equipment for resale value. As far as giving it respect, they ruined the gun by making it semi auto only. The project is intended to make it more comfortable
to shoot. As far as it looking like "ass" go bother the chuckleheads putting a shockwave blade on the VZ61 in the other forum.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Buddy, ya think you got problems ?

Try putting a brace on a Maxim 9
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Funny, I just started a Mk4 tailhook project myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top