Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2021 3:02:52 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

I just noticed this in my CQBL-1 manual from Steiner. How big of a deal is this "positive load" thing?

With my zeroed device should I just go CCW 8 clicks and back CW 8 clicks and call it good without checking the zero again?

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s what I do but I do take a quick look to make sure it’s in the right stop ….. it always was

Not sure how big of a deal it is but I’m not guna try amd find out
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had an OTAL for years and originally paid this no attention. When shots started to wander I cursed the gun, the ammo, myself...anything to explain it. Even shelved the rifle for awhile. When I moved the laser to another rifle and experienced the same issue I reread the manual...oops. Haven't had an issue since! Even put the old rifle back in the lineup.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had an OTAL for years and originally paid this no attention. When shots started to wander I cursed the gun, the ammo, myself...anything to explain it. Even shelved the rifle for awhile. When I moved the laser to another rifle and experienced the same issue I reread the manual...oops. Haven't had an issue since! Even put the old rifle back in the lineup.
View Quote

Shoot. Well, guess I'd better get back out to the range. Thanks for the comment!

Does this method apply to any red dots or rifle scopes to anyone's knowledge?

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shoot. Well, guess I'd better get back out to the range. Thanks for the comment!

Does this method apply to any red dots or rifle scopes to anyone's knowledge?

View Quote

No need to zero at a range. Simply overlap your IR laser to your already zeroed RDS at the furthest distance you can see. That way your hold overs/unders will be the same without firing a single shot.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#5]
OP to the best of my knowledge that is a Steiner-specific issue.  Have not had that issue with L3/EOTech, Holosun, or Perst.  And yeah it is very well documented.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#6]
L3 also have positive loading in their instruction manual.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I read it. Ignored it. Havent had issues.

Not sure if in just lucky or if theyre over cautious or if some have issues.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I know someone that buried the windage and didn't load the turret. It never came back and was stuck on that side.

Not sure if that was due to it being pushed all the way over or failure to load it. Maybe a mix of both.

I had a DBAL that arrived once and the turret was dead on arrival. Windage wouldn't move. Was bought through a third party so possibly a return where someone had done the same.

I've followed the instructions and haven't lost zero or had a dead turret yet on the ones that arrived in one piece.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top