Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2019 1:48:28 AM EDT
I recently started shooting PCC in uspsa with a mpx PCC .I want the steel stock I don't have a line on one . Can some one help me out?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Steel stock?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you looking for the metal telescoping stock?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
You mean the kate moss folder? (Skeleton Stock)
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve tried literally all the stocks that are available for the mpx. And settled on the lage stock. I got the folding one and it’s pretty rock solid for me. Everything else seems to wobble and crap or didn’t feel right when shooting.

Hope you find the right one for your needs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the only stock in the line-up that uses steel aside from the mount and hinges are the collapsible ones with the steel tubes.

However, I do believe it's the thin fold stock that's being referred to. Now discontinued from the looks of it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a fde "Kate moss" stock hanging in the parts rack.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought they redesigned the Kate Moss stock and that's what they are selling now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't like the collapsing stock's cheek weld, so I modified the folding stock.

I replaced the SIG stock with a B5 Systems that I modified. I removed as much material from the front of that stock as I deemed appropriate.

I also unscrewed the buffer tube and cut most of the threaded portion off. I threaded it further back on the tube, all the way to the beginning of the stock's raised length adjustment rail. The truth is I should have taken another 1/2" to 1" into it.

This allowed me to get a much shorter length of pull compared to the original configuration. It has plenty of adjustment  left to go longer for prone.

The B5 Systems stock on the folder is much better option than anything else I have tried. Modifying the tube worked great and it allows you to get more comfortable with a heavy jacket or vest on.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Kate Moss folder + Mole skin on the top for me. Just start it right where the CH stops.

Best of both worlds IMO. Not hot/cold nor hard due to mole skin, but less offset and weight than any other stock/adapter setup. I've run a few different ones.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 6:08:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't like the collapsing stock's cheek weld, so I modified the folding stock.

I replaced the SIG stock with a B5 Systems that I modified. I removed as much material from the front of that stock as I deemed appropriate.

I also unscrewed the buffer tube and cut most of the threaded portion off. I threaded it further back on the tube, all the way to the beginning of the stock's raised length adjustment rail. The truth is I should have taken another 1/2" to 1" into it.

This allowed me to get a much shorter length of pull compared to the original configuration. It has plenty of adjustment  left to go longer for prone.

The B5 Systems stock on the folder is much better option than anything else I have tried. Modifying the tube worked great and it allows you to get more comfortable with a heavy jacket or vest on.
View Quote
Sounds pretty awesome. Do you have any pics?
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:13:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Kate Moss folder + Mole skin on the top for me. Just start it right where the CH stops.

Best of both worlds IMO. Not hot/cold nor hard due to mole skin, but less offset and weight than any other stock/adapter setup. I've run a few different ones.
View Quote
Pics?
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I put a soft rubber bicycle handgrip sleeved on to mine. great against the cheek but the screw that held the adapter plate to the stock was froze. I ended up
drilling it out and breaking off a drill bit inside, 3 hours of cursing and I finally got it tapped for a new screw. And yes, I did try the torch, it may as well have been
welded on.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Be advised:

This Sig MCX stock has been discontinued and there are just a few NEW in the marketplace left.  It is a nice option for the BRN-180.

The only place I found them left was at Optics Planet and they have just a few.

Code MEMTEN gets a 10% off OR code 2DAYAIR gets you fast shipping.  Your choice.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-mcx-mpx-thin-side-folding-stock-black-stkxfoldthinblk.html

Link Posted: 7/11/2019 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
If anyone is intersted, I have two NIB I have listed on the EE
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Did they change them from a left fold to a right fold too?
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think they're all still left fold.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All the MCX/MPX stocks are left fold.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I thought they redesigned the Kate Moss stock and that's what they are selling now.
https://op2.0ps.us/978-550-ffffff-no-upscale/opplanet-sig-sauer-stock-for-mcx-mpx-folding-black-main.jpg
View Quote
This one appears to be a right side fold... it also seems to be an OEM stock from sig.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This one appears to be a right side fold... it also seems to be an OEM stock from sig.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://op2.0ps.us/978-550-ffffff-no-upscale/opplanet-sig-sauer-stock-for-mcx-mpx-folding-black-main.jpg
The photo has been flipped/reversed.  If its an OEM folding knuckle, it will fold to the left.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket folder out there.

It is an OEM stock from us/SIG.  Originally known as the "Rattler stock"
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The photo has been flipped/reversed.  If its an OEM folding knuckle, it will fold to the left.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket folder out there.

It is an OEM stock from us/SIG.  Originally known as the "Rattler stock"
View Quote
Look at the photo again.

The grip says sig sauer correctly in the image. If it had been flipped the text would be backwards as well.

I am wondering if there is another stock coming out or is already out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Look at the photo again.

The grip says sig sauer correctly in the image. If it had been flipped the text would be backwards as well.

I am wondering if there is another stock coming out or is already out.
View Quote
I believe you can loosen the screw that is holding the stock to the knuckle and just reverse it.

Kinda weird they would want it to fold to the right and cover the ejection port/cover.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I believe you can loosen the screw that is holding the stock to the knuckle and just reverse it.

Kinda weird they would want it to fold to the right and cover the ejection port/cover.
View Quote
Yes you can do that but looking at the hinge... that's not the case in the photo. I did get an email from SIG that they haven't made a right side folder and dont intend to. Thus I have no idea if it was a prototype photo or a mirror image htf that was photoshopped onto a gun. Who knows...
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Lage Mfg has some stocks/adapters for the MPX/MCX that will fold, including right folding variants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top