Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2021 9:59:28 AM EDT
Alright, so I'm looking to upgrade from my single curve plates because they're driving me nuts comfort wise and I'm curious to know if anyone has used these plates or if they know anything about them.

They look brilliant and this company is the same one that built the dragon skin armor 20+ years ago, they seem legit enough.

https://stealtharmorsystems.com/shop/ols/products/hexar-4-stand-alone-hard-armor
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Stealth Armor is a small company. The owner is one of the co-creators of dragon skin. When he sold his half is when dragon skin started going down hill.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#2]
SAS has asked me to review their products, but he hasn't followed up much since the initial discussions. It definitely looks interesting, and he touts it as better than the FRAS.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
If you do end up doing a review on it I'd definitely be interested to watch, I was unable to find anything on these plates.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SAS has asked me to review their products, but he hasn't followed up much since the initial discussions. It definitely looks interesting, and he touts it as better than the FRAS.
View Quote

It would be hard for it to be worse than the FRAS. Hexar is also NIJ Listed. It's extremely impressive stuff, although I'm not entirely sold on the flexible rifle armor concept outside of extremely niche situations.

Bain also holds the patents for Verco Materials MotilityMH, the imbricated stuff that's also on the market.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top