Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2020 7:07:00 PM EDT
Just bought a 12 gauge SXS with plans to form 1 it and chop to an absurd length(likely 8 or 10 inches).  Only markings I can find are "Montgomery Ward &Co" on one barrel and "Western Field Deluxe" on the other. SN on the frame where the barrels close over it.

Question is, do I use this information as manufacturer and model, or do I use what it cross-references to? It looks very much like a Savage/Stevens 311. Sad thing is, I got the gun for a lot less than the stamp will cost me. Went into the LGS looking for .50 Beowulf ammo, paid for that. Started talking and the guy mentioned "This just came in on a trade". Looked at it and he said $100 my wallet said "Oh, no!"
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I did the same thing, but went through SIlencer Shop. They couldn't find my make/model even though I had it all correct. I sent pics and it's been good to go, it's Pending.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. Been looking for a cheap sxs for a while, couldn't resist this one. Shootable and not much value to ruin so it's a win.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
My advice:

Use what’s engraved
Upload of pic of the engravings in EForms

That combo eliminates a lot of questions by the ATF
View Quote

This. Although I didn't use an eform (this was 20+ years ago!) I just included a Polaroid and used the engraved markings. No problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top