Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2018 10:33:59 AM EDT
I've ended up with a stainless d cell tube that none of my caps will fit. Anything short of rethreading fix this? Guess I should have checked it before. Can't remember now where it's from.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've ended up with a stainless d cell tube that none of my caps will fit. Anything short of rethreading fix this? Guess I should have checked it before. Can't remember now where it's from.
View Quote
Are you sure they're bad, or are they just the wrong pitch?
Maglights are I belive 20tpi, while some places like DM use 24tpi on their tubes.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll measure them. Thanks. Though it seems like I ordered 2 and one works with everything and the other does not.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Both 20 threads per inch. 1.430 major on the cap, 1.380 minor on the tube. What should be .050 pitch with .043 depth (off the top of my memory). The tube is .007 smaller than the cap. 1.387 minor on the other tube seems to confirm. I can chuck this one up and maybe pick up the thread and turn off another .007. Or buy a tap. Might be easier to make caps that fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top