Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2023 3:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TS1776]
I have a mod 1 that's a few years old.  It has a definite gas leak between the gas tube and the gas block.  Does anyone have and idea how to fix it or if I can contact knights to send it in to be fixed?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I would send an email to KAC and see if they will provide a RMA ([email protected]). Conversely, either D. Wilson or NS Armory could probably look into the issue for you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool Ill try knights first.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
How bad are we talking?

Some blow-by is normal, although it usually limits itself once enough carbon has been deposited to seal any gaps.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if its consequential, but there is quite a bit of carbon deposited on the gas tube, and the barrel right underneath the connection.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:43:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TS1776:
I don't know if its consequential, but there is quite a bit of carbon deposited on the gas tube, and the barrel right underneath the connection.
View Quote

Normal, IME.  Is it having any function issues?

If not, that connection isn’t air tight.  It’s a tube inserted into a hole that’s held in place with a tiny roll pin.  That tube is seeing tens of thousands of PSI every time you pull the trigger.  Some stuff is going to get by.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:38:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TS1776] [#6]
" />

This much?
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Unsuppressed
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#9]
How many rounds through the gun?

I’m having a bit of a hard time deciphering what’s what there.  Is there rust or spray paint in the mix?  It looks really reddish brown under there, with only a little bit of black and some greenish oxidized copper.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#10]
No its just cerakoted no rust haha

" />
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#11]
A little leakage is to be expected, and is accounted for in design.
If you aren't short-stroking, it's fine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I have an well used Mod 1 upper and it definitely leaks a little bit (as well as being over-gassed a little).  Seems to still be going strong though (I use an H2 buffer which tamed the overgas nicely).
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Well Knights isnt returning emails from the email listed on the website, so I guess Ill just leave it lol.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Well Knights isnt returning emails from the email listed on the website, so I guess Ill just leave it lol.
View Quote

See SxPxDx's post near the bottom of this thread. That might explain why it's been a while since you sent your email. Hopefully they get to you soon.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/KAC-PRT-Suppressor-Recall/64-544740/&page=2
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

What address are you emailing?
My CS guy just got back from vacation yesterday and is wading through about 6,825 emails on this recall, so it might take a minute to get a response.

That said, I addressed your question: if you aren't seeing indications of short-stroking, it's fine.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh yeah I forgot about the recall, this is no rush or anything, and the only issues I was having were under really adverse conditions obviously.  Ill just wait until they get to my email.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top