Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2018 3:48:15 PM EDT
My Sandman should be released from jail next month.
I would like to have a Keymount Muzzle Brake on it(an M1A SOCOM) so that I have the option of using the can.
The guys at the LGS said that the current FH on it cannot be removed since it is pinned and welded r/t NFA 16" rules.
I've always wanted to get an M1A and my sign-on bonus check will be coming soon, I'm thinking about getting a SOCOM version for hunting.

What all would be involved to suppress a Springfield M1A SOCOM?

Thanks,

ETA: edited for clarity.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The barrel should be 16". It shouldn't be pinned and welded from the factory.

Maybe I'm wrong, does it looked pinned and welded? EDIT. I see you havent bought one yet.

I'd get the 18" model before the Socom anyway.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The SOCOM is 16” without the comp.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The Socom 16's muzzle brake is part of the gas cylinder lock. To suppress the rifle, you'll need a gas cylinder lock that has threads, such as this one.

Note that the front sight base is taller than the factory's, so you'd need a regular M14/M1A front sight.

You could also need a shorter gas plug, as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top