Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 1/12/2022 2:36:11 PM EDT
Couldn’t find another VHS specific thread to bump.

It appears there could be a VHS announcement this week.

What is this logo?

Slightly more discussion here https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Springfield-Armory-HS-Produkt-VHS-/5-2521396/?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]
nifty, I've never even heard of the VHS before, but look forward to seeing it.
Any idea on $$?
thx
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Sub'd for more information
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Of course it happens when I just told the wife we watch our spending.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
They already import HS products (xd line), so the VHS rifle isn't a far stretch. I'd buy one if it's cheap enough.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh yes!!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
The logo looks like an H with a sword through it?

Nothing I recognize.  Not an official HS Produkt mark.  Maybe a fancier marketing name since VHS-K3 is likely to be obscure or dated sounding.  H for the HS Produkt heritage, Sword/Blade/Dagger for the new product line?

ETA - And I'm going to be so pissed if this is an epic cocktease.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The logo looks like an H with a sword through it?
View Quote

I did an image search after trying to sharpen up and refine the logo and got nothing.  That said, it does seem vaguely familiar...kind of like a bad guy logo from a cheap D grade 80s movie.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I did an image search after trying to sharpen up and refine the logo and got nothing.  That said, it does seem vaguely familiar...kind of like a bad guy logo from a cheap D grade 80s movie.
View Quote

You mean the kind that would be on a "VHS" tape???
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Of the two types, I like looks of the bottom one.

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Wonder how it measures up to the AUG.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#12]
The Hellion, eh?

I love that final config.  Looks like compatibility with AR grips was a feature.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
If they decide they want to bring it to the US market, I would expect people like Garandthumb, Iraq veteran8888, MAC, In Range, etc. to get review models first. I would be looking forward to their videos.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If they decide they want to bring it to the US market, I would expect people like Garandthumb, Iraq veteran8888, MAC, In Range, etc. to get review models first. I would be looking forward to their videos.
View Quote

I'll wait until someone who buys it with their own money does a review on it.  In Range would do that, the others?  I doubt it.  I saw the reviews for the SA-35 and whoever SA gave a gun to pretty much said it was God's gift to Hi-Powers...but the people who actually spent their own coin on it had vastly different reviews.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'll wait until someone who buys it with their own money does a review on it.  In Range would do that, the others?  I doubt it.  I saw the reviews for the SA-35 and whoever SA gave a gun to pretty much said it was God's gift to Hi-Powers...but the people who actually spent their own coin on it had vastly different reviews.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point. You never know who to trust. But so far, I don’t think I’ve seen much that would indicate that most reviewers are necessarily speaking any definitive falsehoods.

Either way, even if a review is somewhat skewed, it will still provide plain information on certain aspects, such as controls, function, etc. Plus, sometimes it’s nice just to see one in action.

Either way, I am still curious about the VHS. I don’t plan on ever buying one. I think I’m happy with what I’ve got. It’s still nice to see new things coming to market.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:00:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Supposedly they’ve been working on it for a long time. I remember there being talk about it a year or two back. That’s said it’s never materialized and I would assume we will see more variations of the sa-35 first.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#19]
That's a funky looking thing. Aesthetically, it looks like a cross between a FAMAS, Keltec RDB and HK G36.

Nice to see us have a lot of options on the market these days.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#20]
A friend sent me a text about this..."Imagine SA trolling everyone with nothing but a retro 60s or 70s era Saint".
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Does that look like a modernized version of the FAMAS bullpup to anyone else?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Supposedly they've been working on it for a long time. I remember there being talk about it a year or two back. That's said it's never materialized and I would assume we will see more variations of the sa-35 first.
View Quote
I saw some rumblings that SA patented language about a "hellion" in 2018 or 2019.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#23]
IF it is that bullpup,  I bet they price it at 1500ish.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#24]
VHS is one stout bully...can't wait to see the MSRP...

Think G36 in a bullpup configuration...

Croatia and Iraq are the largest users as of yet for this rifle...it was the runner up against the 416 in France...but knowing France...they probably wanted to give their $$$ to big daddy of the EU... Deutschland...
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#26]
The length of pull looks very long on it
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#27]

No pistol grip and proprietary 5 round mags?  I don’t like the sound of that.  Hopefully that would be just to get them into the country, and then they swap out parts to de-neuter them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't wait to see what this will cost...I might have to get one..
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talking about G36, that magazine looks exactly like a G36 mag. I will happily buy one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No pistol grip and proprietary 5 round mags?  I don’t like the sound of that.  Hopefully that would be just to get them into the country, and then they swap out parts to de-neuter them.
View Quote

Has to be, would kill it otherwise. I assume that’s just to pass them into the states.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I saw some rumblings that SA patented language about a "hellion" in 2018 or 2019.
View Quote

Yeah this one has been in the oven for awhile. They have the relationship with their other pistol but still would be surprised if it actually hit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I’m sure it is. SA is primarily an firearm importer they know the 922r rules and how to work them for rifles and the points system for pistols. Unless they were to start large scale manufacturing with a much closer relationship with the Croatian company that makes the vhs they have to import the rifle from Croatia in a legal form then they can swap parts and change configuration around 922r bullshit. Like how imported aks come in single stack then get the mag well opened up and enough US parts added to legally de neutered them etc.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is how you import them into this country then you apply 922r parts...just like how FN did with their Belgian SCARs...or CZ with their Brens...IWI with Tavors etcc.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Talking about G36, that magazine looks exactly like a G36 mag. I will happily buy one.
View Quote

There are G36, STANAG and Famas magazine wells for the Croatian version. I am sure the US will come with STANAG by default, I hope they bring over the G36 magwell and the HS G36 pattern mags.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm very excited for this if Springfield can finally confirm these VHS2 rifles will be for sale for the civi market.

I've been tracking the development of this since that ATF approval letter YT video back in July.
Like others said, it will come with the AR magwell (going by the leaked pic mag release button).
And like others, I hope Springfield will bring in factory G36 pattern magazines and the original magwell.

I think the "as currently configured rifle" looks better with the TangoDown grip.
Maybe down the road Springfield can bring in the full size model with the integrated RD.

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Gun Jesus had done a video of the VHS2 couple of months ago. Basically, this model was designed for the FAMAS replacement but gotten beaten by the 416.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I've been itching for the integrated optic one since I first saw them. I'm sorta hoping someone makes an AUG mag compatible magwell for it too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 2:04:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Here it is!

https://youtu.be/aF4FUUqa3Ug
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 2:05:30 AM EDT
[#39]
YouTube video preview of the hellion (dumb name).

Wish it didn't have the BCM pistol grip. Looks out of place.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 3:42:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Here it is!

https://youtu.be/aF4FUUqa3Ug
View Quote

VHS-2 a/k/a/ Springfield Hellion Bullpup Review & Mud Test
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:28:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've been itching for the integrated optic one since I first saw them. I'm sorta hoping someone makes an AUG mag compatible magwell for it too.
View Quote

I think it would be hilarious to see someone produce an AR that takes AUG magazines, but still somehow utilizes the standard AR mag release button.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:29:02 AM EDT
[#42]
I hope they eventually bring in the integrated optic carry handle. Also the 19" barrel version would be cool to see.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 4:56:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Reviews coming in say it’s super reliable and accurate. Too bad about the price tag though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:04:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Reviews coming in say it’s super reliable and accurate. Too bad about the price tag though.
View Quote

MSRP $1999.00

Lets see where the street prices will fall.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:29:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Interested to see reviews where people weren't given a rifle. People are often more objective when something isn't free.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Interested to see reviews where people weren't given a rifle. People are often more objective when something isn't free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TFB was plenty critical of their safety, bolt release, and their journalistic credentials, in this video. He even gave a “meh” reaction to the trigger. So it doesn’t seem to me like he would be lying or overselling the rifle. One of the biggest things he mentioned about it is that it is very reliable and accurate, despite the suboptimal controls.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm thinking SHOT release/premier.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 6:52:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Now the question remains, when will we begin seeing these on store shelves?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:08:44 AM EDT
[#49]
I signed up for the giveaway on the 22d.

I watched the TFB review; not my favorite host but the only one I saw posted.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:13:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Watching w/o sound the bolt release looks cumbersome, if that's where it is.

I'm in. I wasn't an early adopter of the xd line I did jump in with both feet after getting comfortable with 40 cal.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top