Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2022 11:19:50 AM EDT
Pretty good video. Figured I would share it with you weirdos.

Shake Down: Adam's Home Defense Kit
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, my house is not big enough so i can start dressing up when i hear a window shattered or the dog going apeshit before somebody reaches me.

I also dont wanna have a $5k AR Setup rot in an an evidence locker for the next decade just because some methhead broke into my house.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty good vid. Bump in the night I go with a war belt first (pistol, mags, 1 rifle mag) and would only grab a chest rig if I'm going away from the house -- but I guess that was his point and he was more talking about neighborhood defense/reaction.

May have to look into flash bangs and flex cuffs. Those were good additions.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty good vid. Bump in the night I go with a war belt first (pistol, mags, 1 rifle mag) and would only grab a chest rig if I'm going away from the house -- but I guess that was his point and he was more talking about neighborhood defense/reaction.

View Quote
Agreed.  I may have to look into bangs myself.

Any suggestions from the the gallery?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could be mistaken but I believe this thread was started by @joker581 on some of the civilian options.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, my house is not big enough so i can start dressing up when i hear a window shattered or the dog going apeshit before somebody reaches me.

I also dont wanna have a $5k AR Setup rot in an an evidence locker for the next decade just because some methhead broke into my house.
View Quote

Do you think the home intruder kicks in the door and goes straight to the master bedroom?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 6:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you think the home intruder kicks in the door and goes straight to the master bedroom?
View Quote

Well, realizing that this is in the 'odds of winning Lotto' category - that's exactly what Serial Killer Israel Keyes did to a couple in Vermont. Said he was in the bedroom within 5 seconds of making entry - he reconned each target house for days. Additional bedroom door security is a good idea. These are good and affordable, just replace screws with Tapcon's

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D2K367Y?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well, realizing that this is in the 'odds of winning Lotto' category - that's exactly what Serial Killer Israel Keyes did to a couple in Vermont. Said he was in the bedroom within 5 seconds of making entry - he reconned each target house for days. Additional bedroom door security is a good idea. These are good and affordable, just replace screws with Tapcon's

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there's always going to be an outlier like that. That's a targeted attack and not a typical home invasion. Good reason to have a good dog.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Who are the 2 guy's that do the vids?
One has a more filled in beard and the other looks shorter with a sparse filled in beard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top