Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2019 3:30:02 PM EDT
BLUF: Is there any significant difference between the Ferro Concept Slickster and the Spiritus Systems LV119? Is there another PC of similar design/functionality I should consider?

Okay, now for some background. This PC will primarily be for my own use. Range days, classes, civil disturbance, ect. However, it will have a secondary purpose of possibly being used in an active shooter situation. I do volunteer EMS and our house just got some "surplus" body armor to go with our new "plan" for entering a warm zone. Its .... fine. But we were told by the chief we could get our own provided we were able to provide the proper certification that the plates we buy are equivalent to what they provided us.

Two things appeal to me about the above mentioned PCs. The first is the mobility they offer. Will be useful when carrying a back pack liter, or moving a patient. The other is the modularity.  Both can take micro chest rings like the Spiritus mk4. Would be nice to have a chest rig set up for shooting while having another set up for EMS efforts. Swapping them out would be a lot simpler than stripping and threading MOLLE pouches.

Is there any real difference between these two PCs? Is there a similar manufacturer I should be looking at?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm currently LARPING at 100% as I'm typing this with my wife in front of me eating her lunch I just recently purchased the SLickster from SKD during their big NYE sales and I must say its Very NICEEEEEEEE.... I'm currently running ESAPI LV4 plates with the Ferrero Concept tripple mag attachment with the dangle pouch. The fit and finish is VERY nice that comes to a very good price being slick and comfy. I'm just your average joe who hits the range occasionally, classes, and like to LARP in my underwear so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, but what underwear are you LARPing in?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Esstac has made their plate carrier in an EMS blue for EMS roles.

Also look at Safelite Defense carriers for EMS. You can get them in Red/Blue/High Vis Yellow. They are soft armor and you can slip plates inside.

Mayflower/VelSys has an ems/fire carrier too. Swift clip compatible.

All just a thought.

Otherwise those are great carriers you have selected.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Velocity Systems LEPC. It's basically a lighter-weight version of the Mayflower APC with no MOLLE on the front or cummerbund, and no front flap. It's a bit heavier than the Ferro, but it seems like you're getting a more durable/comfortable product to me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the LV119 and I think it is a great PC. It is a bit of a pain to set up initially, but after that you are home free. I also chose the LV119 because it perfectly integrates with the Mictofight chest rig. Always go with the cumberbun. The pouches are really useful even if not for a combat load. They can hold tournequets, radios and large bandages/etc.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Velocity Systems LEPC. It's basically a lighter-weight version of the Mayflower APC with no MOLLE on the front or cummerbund, and no front flap. It's a bit heavier than the Ferro, but it seems like you're getting a more durable/comfortable product to me.
View Quote
+1

It has become my go-to, to the point where I'm considering selling my GGG minimalist carriers and possibly my LBT-6094a. I added the Velocity Systems chest rig adapter kit (replaces the cummerbund) and use a Spiritus chest rig with it. I still keep an old Banshee around because I have it set up with side plates but the LEPC sees the most use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top