Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2022 11:02:12 AM EDT
Picked up an Expert 308 from The CMP a few months back, and would like to add a bayonet to it.  My inclination is toward a 1905 16", but could be talked into something else. I understand that original bayonets just aren't as available as they once were. The only real source for any decent bayonets seems to be eBay, but many of those are spendy. My M1 isn't all original, so I'd probably be ok with a quality reproduction that wasn't of Chinese origin.  Thoughts on how to proceed?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have any local gun shows in the area, that is always a good place to look, as typically there is always someone there selling memorabilia and other items.

If you want USGI (and not a nock off) Ebay isn't bad, just have to be patient.   If you want the longer sword style bayonet those will probably have a higher premium since there aren't as many of them around (many were cut down).
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
The original M1905 bayonets are in the $300-$700 range nowadays depending on what type of scabbard it has.

Cut-down M1905s are bringing $75-$150.  With the low end being Greek used originals with no scabbards.

M1 Bayonets are in the $125-$175 range.

Greek made M1 bayonets can be found in the $40-$125 range right now mostly with no scabbards.

Any bayonet made by WT will be stupid money.

For your purposes I'd suggest a Greek made M1 due to the cost and availability.  It will also be 100x better than any current repro.  The Greek ones can be identified by a serial number stamped into the cross guard or the letter EN_S on the blade.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]
eBay it is then, thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
For your purposes I'd suggest a Greek made M1 due to the cost and availability.  It will also be 100x better than any current repro.  The Greek ones can be identified by a serial number stamped into the cross guard or the letter EN_S on the blade.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Quoted:
eBay it is then, thanks for the help!

I’ve seen a few of those Greek bayos on tables at the area gun show. Some looked to have scabbards, some didn’t, and I don’t know if a particular scabbard was original to the Greek bayo or not.

That said, I agree about trying to snag a Greek bayo over an overpriced ChiCom repop.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 1:49:11 AM EDT
[#7]
https://www.northridgeinc.com/category-s/192.htm

They had used 10 inch ones last year.. was like 6 for $99 or so...

had to buy the scabbard separately.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 2:26:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I haunted ebay until I saw one I liked.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 5:27:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 7:38:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Sarco sold out, OP?
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Midway USA has  some in stock. They have some that are in their original packaging.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top