Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2018 12:23:55 AM EDT
I’ve looked everywhere I can think of and can’t find one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Bill Springfield
http://www.triggerwork.net/hk.html

Takes your current buffer and updates with newest materials and spring.  It's a pretty good buffer and many have reported their like for it

You can also contact Gillie Bear directly and he will see you one of his heavy duty buffers,

Hope this helps.

Get yourself one of the HK21 Rubber Butt pads together this will take down the felt recoil to a tame push.

If your recoil is extremely painful you should check the bolt gap' this could be a big issue and the recoil rod & spring these two items maybe toast and worn.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:36:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been keeping an eye out for a German made heavy buffer for awhile now with no luck.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Robert RTG has a POF (I think) heavy buffer.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got a PCS buffer. It's twice as long as the standard, but it fits just fine. I bought it off the HKPRO forum. You might want to put up a WTB listing there.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I wasn't impressed with the "enhanced" buffers.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can you elaborate?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nope
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope
PCS, not POF. My mistake.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:50:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can you elaborate?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you elaborate?
I friend liked my SAR-8 so much he bought a PTR.   I was surprised how soft shooting it was so I swapped my stock with enhanced buffer and HK21 butt pad onto it expecting it to be even better.   We both agreed that it shot softer with the standard buffer.
Just to make sure, I bought another standard buffer from RTG($8) and swapped the two around on my own rifle while at the range and the standard buffer was softer shooting.

I don't think I have ever read anything negative about either enhanced buffer from the two vendors that offer them so I'll just say it wasn't the best option for me.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 6:12:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I friend liked my SAR-8 so much he bought a PTR.   I was surprised how soft shooting it was so I swapped my stock with enhanced buffer and HK21 butt pad onto it expecting it to be even better.   We both agreed that it shot softer with the standard buffer.
Just to make sure, I bought another standard buffer from RTG($8) and swapped the two around on my own rifle while at the range and the standard buffer was softer shooting.

I don't think I have ever read anything negative about either enhanced buffer from the two vendors that offer them so I'll just say it wasn't the best option for me.
View Quote
I had the same experience with the RTG Enhanced Buffer. Recoil felt more sharp/violent with the enhanced buffer and milder with the standard milsurp buffer. Made me much more wary of upgrading future parts on firearms with "enhanced" mods.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#11]
As I understand it, the enhanced buffers need to be broken in to achieve the full potential of the upgrade. Did anyone brake theirs in?
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
As I understand it, the enhanced buffers need to be broken in to achieve the full potential of the upgrade. Did anyone brake theirs in?
View Quote
Uh, what? That info isn't in the product description or even hinted at.

PCS Heavy Buffer link

"Just replace the stock buffer and start enjoying lower felt recoil."
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I replaced the standard buffer on my Greek sar8 with the enhanced heavy(dmr) buffer from hkparts. Made a noticeable, positive difference in the felt recoil of the rifle. Get on the email list for the part to be notified when it's back in stock, that's what I did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top