Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2018 11:15:47 PM EDT
This is interesting.  Our company used to use 8 gauge slug guns to blast away slag in rotary furnaces.

The "Kiln Gun" folder has paperwork from the two big companies - Remington, and Winchester-Western/Ramset. They were not cheap, costing $1100 in 1960, each.  I think we used both guns at one time or another.

There are a lot of non-dimensioned blueprints, like this.  Interested in them?

Link Posted: 8/6/2018 12:05:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Neat!
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I still want a 8ga SxS

Wish modern technology would make stuff like that easy.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 1:13:22 AM EDT
[#4]
There was a youtube video of one posted on here before.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Massively, yes. If you'd be willing, could you gather all of the photos once uploaded and post a link to the imgur gallery? It would make downloading a backup copy much easier.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a dream of 4x triple-bbld 10 gauges on a punt...
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a dream of 4x triple-bbld 10 gauges on a punt...
View Quote
Little small for a punt gun.

Just go for a few inches and black powder.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:. Little small for a punt gun.

Just go for a few inches and black powder.
View Quote
Can't go larger than 10 ga on ducks here.  Brits can still hunt with up to 1.75” or something.  Still, 12x 10 ga bbls of Hevi-shot near simultaneously should do something.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can't go larger than 10 ga on ducks here.  Brits can still hunt with up to 1.75” or something.  Still, 12x 10 ga bbls of Hevi-shot near simultaneously should do something.
View Quote
It would do something all right. It would make your wallet $15 lighter every time you shot it, let alone what the thing would cost.

For ducks....???  I would rather have an autoloader in 12ga.

For the shock n awe, I can see that, if you have the money to burn.  It would be insane to throw that much shot down range. It would have to put a smile on your face. Sometimes it’s worth the expenditure to just smile like a little kid.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It would do something all right. It would make your wallet $15 lighter every time you shot it, let alone what the thing would cost.

For the shock n awe, I can see that, if you have the money to burn.  It would be insane to throw that much shot down range. It would have to put a smile on your face. Sometimes it’s worth the expenditure to just smile like a little kid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Can't go larger than 10 ga on ducks here.  Brits can still hunt with up to 1.75” or something.  Still, 12x 10 ga bbls of Hevi-shot near simultaneously should do something.

Punt-gunning is very nearly a lost art.  The largest gauge we can hunt with is 10 ga, but:

1) we're not limited in how many shots we set off simultaneously (up to 3 per gun);
2) we're not limited to a single gun;
3) we're not limited to length of shell;
4) while the gun has to be fired from the shoulder, it doesn't say we can't brace it against the boat;
5) you can fit two people in a punt.

With 12x 10ga bbls, in 4x O/U, w/ horizontal spreader chokes, set off nearly simultaneously, I would think the effect would be much like an original punt gun.  If fired subsonically, with integral suppressors, I suspect the effect could be murderous.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Massively, yes. If you'd be willing, could you gather all of the photos once uploaded and post a link to the imgur gallery? It would make downloading a backup copy much easier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still quite interested, if you end up having time to photograph or scan the schematics.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#13]
For sporting purposes, the Russians manufactured a 4 gauge pump action shotgun
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#14]
KS-23 shotgun:  4 guage:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/KS-23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top