Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2019 12:46:23 AM EDT
I don't post here too often anymore, and I wanted to show you guys some of the new hardware.  Love this forum.  I hope you enjoy!  And please, post what new stuff you guys got too!

1921 Colt Thompson
1942 Japanese Type 11
1942 Bren MKIm
1944 Berlin MG42

Thanks for looking guys,
Mike
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Machine gun mike, is that you?

I'll be awaiting the YouTube alert to pop up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:53:34 AM EDT
[#2]
That's some damned nice weapons!  Thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:55:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice! Is the Thompson the heaviest of them all?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:10:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice! Is the Thompson the heaviest of them all?
View Quote
Haha right?!  It is original with the original serial number matching 100 round drum.  Fully loaded it is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:11:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Machine gun mike, is that you?

I'll be awaiting the YouTube alert to pop up.
View Quote
Thanks.  Enjoy the video I just uploaded.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:16:41 AM EDT
[#6]
It the Jap 11 or 99 the one that you can convert to 7.62x39?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:56:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
The 99.  Although anything is possible, I’ll be leaving the 11 as it is.  ??
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 3:08:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The 99.  Although anything is possible, I'll be leaving the 11 as it is.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 99.  Although anything is possible, I'll be leaving the 11 as it is.  
Factory is best!
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:25:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:48:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice.

When I grow up I want to be like collegeboy!

What’s the most enjoyable MG you own?

Seems like I read or seen a video somewhere that you stated the C&R sten was always fun. Still true?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 6:14:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Great pics! It's nice to see you posting again.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#12]
That Bren !  When you do a video of it can you do a full mag dump for me ? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Very tasteful selection. Don’t often hear about the few transferable Brens out there. Do you know anything about it’s history?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That Bren !  When you do a video of it can you do a full mag dump for me ? https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/275279/8386B2AE-C048-41AD-9E22-BE3496B056A3_jpeg-933895.JPG
View Quote
I uploaded a review last night on YouTube.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Very tasteful selection. Don’t often hear about the few transferable Brens out there. Do you know anything about it’s history?
View Quote
Thanks!  Not a damn thing lol.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice.

When I grow up I want to be like collegeboy!

What’s the most enjoyable MG you own?

Seems like I read or seen a video somewhere that you stated the C&R sten was always fun. Still true?
View Quote
This is going to sound weird and hard to believe, but it's the truth.  The smoothest shooting "bipod" machine gun I own by far is the 1914 Lewis gun.  Shoots like a dream.  The smoothest shooting handheld machine gun I own is the MP40 hands down.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Just watched the Bren video.   Awesome as usual!    I love the Lewis Gun video.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#18]
That Japanese M.G. looks like it should be in a "Planet of the Apes" or some Alien Movie  Futuristic Retro...
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just watched the Bren video.   Awesome as usual!    I love the Lewis Gun video.
View Quote
Slploooosh . Just watched it to . God I want a Bren gun , but my wallet tells me I’m going to be stuck with either a maxim or a Vickers eventually
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This is going to sound weird and hard to believe, but it's the truth.  The smoothest shooting "bipod" machine gun I own by far is the 1914 Lewis gun.  Shoots like a dream.  The smoothest shooting handheld machine gun I own is the MP40 hands down.
View Quote
I sold off my HK MP5 after getting a Swedish k. Many of the older guns are very nice shooting.

I collect based on how controllable most of my MGs are and the machining/tech behind them.

I've wanted a Bren MkI but never got to get one but I did get me a ZB26 since fins are cool and the gun is a sweet shooter.

Good to see your C&R guns are multipling, you see people at every shoot with the "modern stuff" but classics are much rarer and neat.

I've found that collecting/hunting for all the accessories for the older guns can be cheaper but as rewarding as getting the gun. It took me a long time to get my dog sled for my Swedish BAR and I'm still look for some misc. small stuff. Your German guns have a lot of accessories to find and the Japanese guns are exceptionally difficult to find the accessories.

If you are after a Japanese Type 99 I usggest you go for the Type 96 since its smoother shooting and you are already reloading for the Type 11.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I have my eye on the MG42. What do you do for parts? I'm afraid I'd need to start a machine shop.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have my eye on the MG42. What do you do for parts? I'm afraid I'd need to start a machine shop.
View Quote
MG42 parts are plentiful and easy to find.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I sold off my HK MP5 after getting a Swedish k. Many of the older guns are very nice shooting.

I collect based on how controllable most of my MGs are and the machining/tech behind them.

I've wanted a Bren MkI but never got to get one but I did get me a ZB26 since fins are cool and the gun is a sweet shooter.

Good to see your C&R guns are multipling, you see people at every shoot with the "modern stuff" but classics are much rarer and neat.

I've found that collecting/hunting for all the accessories for the older guns can be cheaper but as rewarding as getting the gun. It took me a long time to get my dog sled for my Swedish BAR and I'm still look for some misc. small stuff. Your German guns have a lot of accessories to find and the Japanese guns are exceptionally difficult to find the accessories.

If you are after a Japanese Type 99 I usggest you go for the Type 96 since its smoother shooting and you are already reloading for the Type 11.
View Quote
Congrats on your guns.  The zB26 is a fantastic gun and I would love to have one.  I do agree that collecting the accessories is fun as well.  I feel pretty good about my Type 11.  I have most of the accessories, and almost an entire parts kit plus other spare parts.  Love this hobby.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Beautiful OP
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 6:36:16 AM EDT
[#26]
I was not going to post until I knew I won or not , after years of watching your videos along with forgotten weapons I just bought a machine gun !  A Catco tube gun sten MK5, next on my list is a beretta 38!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I was not going to post until I knew I won or not , after years of watching your videos along with forgotten weapons I just bought a machine gun !  A Catco tube gun sten MK5, next on my list is a beretta 38!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/275279/6DF97B64-9CF0-4508-91F2-65BC05834E7E_png-938306.JPG
View Quote
Gunbroker?

Buddy has been looking for a sten. We only watch machinegun central & Sturm and here on the EE.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Gunbroker?

Buddy has been looking for a sten. We only watch machinegun central & Sturm and here on the EE.
View Quote
Yes ,   Won it for 6700.   There are actually quite a few  nice MK2’s on gunbroker right now. Ive been watching subguns and Sturm but Stens don’t seem to pop up very often .

I probably overpaid a little but I’m pretty happy , I know Catco has a bit of a reputation from their 1919 side plates  but from what I’ve seen a sten tube is a sten tube as long as it was built correctly . I don’t make a ton of money but Ive wanted a WW2 machine gun since I was little  so this was just the ticket .
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes ,   Won it for 6700.   There are actually quite a few  nice MK2’s on gunbroker right now. Ive been watching subguns and Sturm but Stens don’t seem to pop up very often .
View Quote
Nope we have been watching pretty hard for the past 5 months only only seen a hand full. I never look at gun broker. Told him to check it out.

Ruben had 2 nib andrewski sten mk2s listed for 8k each had to buy both. If I wasn’t paying myself back for a vehicle that I had to buy due to someone hitting and totaling my other car I would entertain us buying them and split the cost. They looked very very nice. Some of the ones I have seen in the past 5 months looked rough.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yes ,   Won it for 6700.   There are actually quite a few  nice MK2's on gunbroker right now. Ive been watching subguns and Sturm but Stens don't seem to pop up very often .

I probably overpaid a little but I'm pretty happy , I know Catco has a bit of a reputation from their 1919 side plates  but from what I've seen a sten tube is a sten tube as long as it was built correctly . I don't make a ton of money but Ive wanted a WW2 machine gun since I was little  so this was just the ticket .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gunbroker?

Yes ,   Won it for 6700.   There are actually quite a few  nice MK2's on gunbroker right now. Ive been watching subguns and Sturm but Stens don't seem to pop up very often .

I probably overpaid a little but I'm pretty happy , I know Catco has a bit of a reputation from their 1919 side plates  but from what I've seen a sten tube is a sten tube as long as it was built correctly . I don't make a ton of money but Ive wanted a WW2 machine gun since I was little  so this was just the ticket .
looks good,

I have a catco Sten mkII and love it
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Man, you would need an rental van to haul all those around....
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Man, you would need an rental van to haul all those around....
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/275279/6DF97B64-9CF0-4508-91F2-65BC05834E7E_png-938306.JPG
View Quote
That's awesome man!  HUGE congrats!
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's awesome man!  HUGE congrats!
View Quote
Thanks , wanted a Lanchester but didn’t have Lanchester money, plus for the price of a Lanchester I can get a Vickers so I’m saving my comp time at work and will see what prices are on a Vickers side plate gun in a few years .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top