Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2020 8:31:34 PM EDT
Nice rainy day today so broke out some pistols and gave them some cleaning and lube love.

Figured id share
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you tell me what the markings on the Ortgies stand for?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the Finns used the Ortgies pistols, check for an SA mark.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#3]
My dad had a hard on for Ortgies pistols and he bought a bunch over the years, which was totally influenced by the the following sentence...... My dad's dad brought one home from europe during his WW2 service, and while it was totally illegal for a US soldier to be armed in London while on leave, he told my pop that it was stupid (read insane) to be walking around without at least a knife, but preferably a small pistol. So I still have that Ortgies and the holster it came in.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

From what I've found it's a marking for German bank security or their version of the IRS and a rack #.

Not Finn marked
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

From what I've found it's a marking for German bank security or their version of the IRS and a rack #.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RFV = Reichsfinanzverwaltung = National Finance Administration

They were the federal agency responsible for tax assessment and collection in Germany, during the Weimar and 3rd Reich eras (1919-1945).  The agency also included the Zollgrenzschutz (Customs Border Guards), who were also responsible for custom and border protection, until 1944 when the SS took over control of the ZGS.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

RFV = Reichsfinanzverwaltung = National Finance Administration

They were the federal agency responsible for tax assessment and collection in Germany, during the Weimar and 3rd Reich eras (1919-1945).  The agency also included the Zollgrenzschutz (Customs Border Guards), who were also responsible for custom and border protection, until 1944 when the SS took over control of the ZGS.
View Quote

Awesome thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top