Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2020 5:59:37 PM EDT
I'm looking for LG size soft armor panels to install (front and back) inside a plate carrier.

Want best ballistic protection possible from such soft armor.  Intend to wear this PC as a low-profile,  soft-armor-only carrier.  No hard plates; have other PCs for them.  

1) Alternatives as to protection?  Class of such panels?

2) Names/links to respected vendors.

3) Might want to add side soft armor panel carriers, so such side panels also of interest.

4) Cost is a factor, but top quality is paramount.

Thanks in advance!  
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking for LG size soft armor panels to install (front and back) inside a plate carrier.

Want best ballistic protection possible from such soft armor.  Intend to wear this PC as a low-profile,  soft-armor-only carrier.  No hard plates; have other PCs for them.  

1) Alternatives as to protection?  Class of such panels?

2) Names/links to respected vendors.

3) Might want to add side soft armor panel carriers, so such side panels also of interest.

4) Cost is a factor, but top quality is paramount.

Thanks in advance!  
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Bulletproofme.com had some last I checked.

They even have some refurbed police vests advertised for cheap.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I was looking in to soft armor from Midwest Armor to put behind my Hesco L210s and act as a bit of padding and maybe a little extra protection from deformation and spal. They seemed to have a 10x12 shooters cut soft armor that wasn’t too over priced.

I’ve never purchased from them before so I can’t speak to how reputable they are, but they did seem to have some good soft armor options at various levels and price points.

I would recommend taking a look there. Most were in stock and a couple were actually on sale.

But hopefully someone here can say if Midwest armor is reputable and ships quickly.

Best of luck!
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Midwest Armor had what I was looking for at a reasonable price; Some of it on sale.  Many thanks for the responses and suggestions!

ETA Received items today (10/24/2020). All labelled as to threat category-as ordered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top