Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2020 1:35:08 PM EDT
Greetings,

Been a while since I looked closely at suppressors (say, ~5 years), and wanted to come back & see
what was "hot" these days...  thinking about maybe picking another one up before this fall's
election...  [i.e., get the transfer started before the election, I'm familiar with transfer/wait times].

Now, to answer the first question that's likely to pop up - I don't genuinely "need" another
suppressor...  this would be more of a luxury purchase, if you wanted to call it that.

So with that said, some ideas based on what I've seen...

Silencerco Switchback 22 - I have 22 LR suppressors already (Spectre II, Sparrow, Element, etc.) but
none with a variable length option... and reviews seem good enough.

Maxim 9 - the only integrally suppressed handgun I presently have is in .22 ("Amphibian"); might be interesting
to have something in a larger caliber.

Sig Sauer SRD762Ti - Direct thread .30-cal can; good reviews (would complement current options from TBAC, Silencerco, etc.)
Probably the biggest "con" with this choice would be that .30 is the caliber I shoot the least...

SOCOM556 RC2  - I presently use AAC suppressors on my SBR's / M16's; an RC2 would offer another option, although
I would need to go with an additional mount (I'd probably just dedicate a particular rifle / particular upper to use with this can)

Other - ?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input,

SD
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Dead Air Wolfman
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you want out of it?

Id look at the nomad ti...
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

YHM is killing it with the Turbo and Turbo K and R9 and ... anything else "rifle".  Metering right up there with the top tier and at half the price.

Maxim 9 looks cool though.  Meters pretty well at full length.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

YHM is killing it with the Turbo and Turbo K and R9 and ... anything else "rifle".  Metering right up there with the top tier and at half the price.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YHM is a good value.  What I'm curious about before pulling the trigger on a Turbo K, is whether they'll come out with a Ti version for another couple hundred bucks.  The last time I got a can from them, that happened right after.  Still love YHM though, back in the day when Surefire kept jerking around with different mounts, of varied reliability, YHM just killed it out of the gate at half the price.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#6]
There are a huge spread of great choices at the consumer level.  

Generally suppressors have gotten lighter, less expensive, or more adaptive for length, mounts, front caps, and less caliber restrictive (over-bored rifle or more durable pistol caliber cans).  

You might want to list hosts/calibers that are your favorites or most shot for suggestions. Finding items in stock will be your biggest problem.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Griffin is doing some interesting things with 'modular' cans.

I have two in jail and I am pretty sure someone will come out with something I like better in the next 8 months but that's usually the case with suppressors.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#8]
YHM TK and R9
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I think the CGS Helios QD is kinda hot rn, CGS is back ordered to the hills from my understanding with the Helios QD.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#10]
To be honest, I haven’t seen any of the cans on the OPs list as being particularly “hot” in recent times.  The current hotness seem to be the DA Nomad and Wolfman, and YHM Turbo and Resonator.  For .22 LR, it’s the DA Mask, Rugged Oculus, and Griffin Optimus Micro.  For pistol cans, it’s usually the Rugged Obsidian 9 or 45.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Op, your list is pretty out of date.   The srd isn't even being made anymore to my understanding, pending a new set of cans coming out.

"Hottest" 30 cal cans (in terms of internet chatter) are DA nomad 30/L, sandman S, wolfman, YHM resonator line.  

Tbac for bolt guns.

Cgs if you need ultra low pressure flow through.

There are a bunch of other nice options like Griffin and rugged cans, abeit slight less talked about.  

I wouldn't consider any of the 30 cal cans on your list.

Link Posted: 9/8/2020 12:19:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think the CGS Helios QD is kinda hot rn, CGS is back ordered to the hills from my understanding with the Helios QD.
View Quote

We are backordered on those but that’ll change soon.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 12:26:05 AM EDT
[#13]
For 22lr, imo, its still sparrow or mask. Im a silencerco fan but went with the mask.

Besides that, I love my sakers for rifles.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 2:10:58 AM EDT
[#14]
The hottest cans are the ones you do a lot of mag dumps with via binary or full auto lowers.............................

Joking aside.  With the NFA and it's arbitrary ridiculous wait times sadly whatever hotness you buy today may be literally next years news by the time you receive it. But currently that hotness seems to be Nomad/Nomad L/Nomad ti, Turbo/Turbo K/Resonator/Resonator K/R9, Wolfman, 36M, etc....

As already stated there are lots of great cans out there.  Even some of the now old timers like the Omega 300 and 9k are still a good buy today.  Turbo/Turbo K are great for parking on a 5.56 SBR as an inexpensive dedicated option.  Wolfman, 36m, and R9 are really for the subgun/pcc crowd first that just happen to bring handgun and some rifle caliber suppression to the table. Mask, Element 2, Nyx, Take Down etc..... rimfire category is saturated with good options today. Mod9 and Obsidian for the handgun crowd and finally the Nomad/Sandman, Vox, Radiant, and the Omega for rifle caliber useage.

Nothing in any particular order and just the ones I tend to see the majority of the latest postings about.  YMMV

Link Posted: 9/8/2020 2:14:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Deadair is my go to. No particular reason beyond the normal excellent products. I just dont see any reason to go with different brands.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Yhm all the things

Link Posted: 9/8/2020 7:46:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I’d say YHM and Dead Air are the sweethearts at the moment. YHM is bringing tremendous value and Dead Air has a wide range of products. Both are pushing out new products pretty regularly. The amount of good options out there right now is incredible.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#18]
OP. I think your biggest challenge is finding anything in stock.

Silencer shop will do all the necessary paperwork, and as soon as it’s in stock pull the trigger on your order.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dead Air Wolfman
View Quote

This and...

YHM R9
Dead Air Nomad in any flavor
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This and...

YHM R9
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This and...

YHM R9

Quoted:

This and...

YHM R9

I'm not 100% sold on my Wolfman yet, need to do some more testing with it... It's a BBC... Big black can.....  If I were going to be running it in the short configuration I'd rather use my Omega 9K and in the long configuration my Obsidians.. I have yet to test the Wolfman out on any other calibers besides 9mm though....
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Take a look at Energetic Armament. They've put out some really nice and innovative stuff in the past few years.

I have a Nyx Mod1 (rimfire). Would really like a second, and a Vox.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yhm all the things

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's good news, just ordered one this weekend and was guessing it would get to my dealer in January. Any fun things coming down the line for accessories as I know u were working on some before vacation?
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks everyone for the enthusiastic response.

The suppressor market has definitely been pretty dynamic over the past few years...  not so long ago, the
YHM "mite" suppressor was considered crap and the Ti-Rant line was king of the pistol
suppressors...  none of these mentioned (for good or bad) any more...  :^)

Looking through this thread (& other sources), what I may concentrate on is one of the
newer, modular suppressors that have come out in the past few years.  I already mentioned
the "Switchback" in my OP, but that suggestion hasn't caught much love...

For rifle suppressors, I don't at present have a Titanium option, so perhaps something like
a DA Nomad-Ti would make sense.

In closing, I'll add - given my existing "stable" of options, I'm mostly looking at getting something that fills a
particular "niche," so to speak - not much reason for me to pick up another can just because it's
a "good value".  

Link Posted: 9/8/2020 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I did a mag dump the other day on a suppressor and it was a pretty hot item.

Serious however.
The Yankee Hill turbos are the hottest thing in 223/5.56 right now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:21:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'd say YHM and Dead Air are the sweethearts at the moment. YHM is bringing tremendous value and Dead Air has a wide range of products. Both are pushing out new products pretty regularly. The amount of good options out there right now is incredible.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:28:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have an old Turbo and new Turbo K. I'm impressed. Especially with the Turbo K.  It's on an 11.5 and I dont think I could ask for better. With the exception of the look of the Turbo K when mounted. I was expecting it to mount like my older turbo. I wanted the almost flush look against the rail and it's not even close.  

For the record, I love the YHM's mounting system.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 3:36:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I have a Maxim 9 that I got in a trade, I wouldn't buy one now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 3:41:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have a Maxim 9 that I got in a trade, I wouldn't buy one now.
View Quote

I love my Maxim 9.  Makes all other pistol setups look like kludge contraptions, which they are
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 1:38:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I love my Maxim 9.  Makes all other pistol setups look like kludge contraptions, which they are
View Quote

Have you played with the Griffin Cam Lok yet?  It really changes things up for pistol cans, having a true quick attach / detach makes it practical to keep one handy but not on the gun, like carrying a spare mag.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 8:05:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I have an old Turbo and new Turbo K. I'm impressed. Especially with the Turbo K.  It's on an 11.5 and I dont think I could ask for better. With the exception of the look of the Turbo K when mounted. I was expecting it to mount like my older turbo. I wanted the almost flush look against the rail and it's not even close.  

For the record, I love the YHM's mounting system.
View Quote

Kurz kit will fix that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Kurz kit will fix that.
View Quote

So the Kurtz will get rid of the part in the middle? Kinda like this photo? For the record, I threw the suppressor on there before I moved the light forward.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

So the Kurtz will get rid of the part in the middle? Kinda like this photo? For the record, I threw the suppressor on there before I moved the light forward.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/426972/FF6A3540-6130-4569-8AD7-4D951DDF4C53_jpe-1586084.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/10/2020 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a AAC Halcyon and just ordered a YHM R9 and a Resonator R2.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Surefire
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
These Guys

View Quote

What’s your definition of hot?
Who on this site has purchased one besides you?
You are a shill.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You are a shill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These Guys

You are a shill.

Not going to say you are right, but I am not a huge fan of this company.  They are located right over the MD/PA line so have jacked up prices on mags because it's totally legal for MD residents to drive over the border and buy standard capacity magazines.  Pretty sure their in-house brand are the only cans they sell.  Almost every post I have seen about them has been someone local to their retail location so I assume is either uniformed or a suspected shill.  IMO, the price point on their cans is laughably high compared to mainstream products.  Guessing they are not terrible cans (and may actually be good), but not something I would consider purchasing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#40]
YHM

YHM

YHM

I own one of the first few Tubo K and I'm sold. The POI shift is 1 inch low with the can on vs my AAC M4-2000 of 8 inches.

After own if several cans YHM is hard to beat over value and performance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 1:57:53 AM EDT
[#41]
All of them... after a few rounds downrange.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#42]
.223/5.56

YHM Turbo, Turbo-K

.22LR

Dead Air Mask HD
Rugged Oculus
Q El Camino

I own them all (rimfire cans in jail, hope to have them by the end of the year.)
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#44]
None of these?

Buy Knights Armament and Surefire.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My top 10 sellers year to date, in order.
  • Resonator R2
  • Turbo T2
  • Turbo K
  • Resonator K
  • Mask HD
  • MG7 (.358)
  • VOX S
  • R9
  • Sandman S
  • Nomad L
View Quote

Thanks for sharing. I like insight like this.

No real surprises there and I seem to remember somebody mentioning YHM and Dead Air earlier in the thread...
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thanks for sharing. I like insight like this.

No real surprises there and I seem to remember somebody mentioning YHM and Dead Air earlier in the thread...
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#47]
form 1
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
None of these?

Buy Knights Armament and Surefire.
View Quote
Why?

They are louder and cost more.

More durable? Maybe on paper.  I'd like to see you shoot out an YHM R2 or T2
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I only own 3, and they are all Rugged. I’m pretty happy with my decision. Rugged, YHM and Dead Air are in my opinion the best bets. I want a T2 and a Nomad-L to go with my Radiant and Micro.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top