Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2020 10:08:25 PM EDT
My Dad called today. He ordered a fuel filter kit from china last fall. He forgot about it until today as he got a letter from the customs dept. Now he's worried he's going to get charges brought against him. He already called a lawyer. I told him to chill as he really doesn't need this stress in his life. He's in his 80's He hasn't gotten his tax stamp yet if that makes a difference. Any advice I can give him to calm him down ?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s most likely a fake letter from the folks he bought it from so they can keep his money and not face any pushback from him.

A few of those letters have been legit, most have not.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Call the credit card company, cancel the charge for being too long.

Go to dealer with Silencer Shop kiosk and order a decent Form 4 suppressor.

Next time he gets an itch for a Form 1, make sure he gets a stamp first.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call the credit card company, cancel the charge for being too long.

Go to dealer with Silencer Shop kiosk and order a decent Form 4 suppressor.

Next time he gets an itch for a Form 1, make sure he gets a stamp first.
View Quote

All four of my F1 cans have followed the same pattern:

1. Order the parts
2. Submit EForm 1
3. Receive stamp
4. Drill baby, drill

My Form 1 cans are so close in performance to a F4 can that waiting on the F4 cans seems like a waste.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All four of my F1 cans have followed the same pattern:

1. Order the parts
2. Submit EForm 1
3. Receive stamp
4. Drill baby, drill

My Form 1 cans are so close in performance to a F4 can that waiting on the F4 cans seems like a waste.
View Quote

I'm kind of in this flux right now. What type and whose parts did you use?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:22:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm kind of in this flux right now. What type and whose parts did you use?
View Quote

1. Form1builder.com
2. eBay fuel filter
3. SDTA with internals sourced three places.
4. Quietbore
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My Dad called today. He ordered a fuel filter kit from china last fall. He forgot about it until today as he got a letter from the customs dept. Now he's worried he's going to get charges brought against him. He already called a lawyer. I told him to chill as he really doesn't need this stress in his life. He's in his 80's He hasn't gotten his tax stamp yet if that makes a difference. Any advice I can give him to calm him down ?
View Quote

Any update with your dad? What company did he order from?
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]
There's nothing to worry about.  I got my letter a couple months back.  And, unfortunately, my neighbors dogs are still alive.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By number40Fan:
There's nothing to worry about.  I got my letter a couple months back.  And, unfortunately, my neighbors dogs are still alive.
View Quote

Was your letter after you received your product (if so how was it worded?) or before telling you that you aren't getting it?
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#9]
All I received, after receiving the letter, were two empty boxes.

It was an extortion letter.  It stated if I were to pay the 5x actual price paid "declared value", the chances of getting my "illegal items" was possible.  I already had been refunded by the eBay seller, so I really didn't care about them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Any update with your dad? What company did he order from?
View Quote
He doesn't remember what exactly he ordered and it's been so long he can't even figure out who he purchased it from. The letter he got was the extortion letter that asks for $$$ to get your stuff.

Edit: He didn't get any empty boxes. Just a letter.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Letter is not fake (I wish this BS would stop) and nothing is going to happen except the crap kit got seized.  Go on and live your life.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#12]
When ordering from Wish, choose a product/shipper that ships from their New Jersey warehouse to bypass customs and get it within a few days.  Usually it costs the same amount or a tiny bit more than the ones coming from China.

Edit: if the letter is requesting money to be sent, it’s almost surely BS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top