Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 12/30/2020 11:09:28 AM EDT
And this is what she bought. Coolina. Never heard of them. She thought they looked neat, but didn't realize how big they were.  Largest is almost 4lbs! Looked them up and they are hit or miss Chinese, but I'm sure they will function. Washed the first one and alot of that "forge scale" black paint was washing off. Decided to sand off what I could and did a rotating mustard and lemon juice patina. Edge was actually pretty sharp so just touch it up on Sharpmaker and strop. Large one might get a firepit job processing wood...lol. Here they are...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, they are huge. Very cool of her to buy cool looking knives.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Chinese.

Buy American.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Chinese.

Buy American.
View Quote

Well, honestly, she didn't know any better and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I think it made her feel good I made a little project out of the one. What's weird, is through my many genre's of Youtube vids I watch, one popped up with a bushcraft chef using some Serbian chef knife. It's the same one as the bottom knife. This was before Christmas and wife knew nothing of it. Weird stuff. Bottom two would actually be usable in the kitchen, but the top is like an actual cleaver.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Sleep with one eye open.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Did she also get a hockey mask?  If so.... RUN!  Those are cool looking.

I need to go through all the old knives and silverware my Mom has here at the house.  There are some knives she's had so long and that have been sharpened to the point where the blade is about half the size it was then it was new.  May do a "new year's" cleaning of the drawers and scope out some new knife sets.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top