Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2020 1:46:35 AM EDT
Had some eform 1s that were getting past the expected date based on the Form 1 thread - checked with ATF and they're still waiting on the FBI.

FML
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Uh oh.  Hide your dag.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Great I'm sure I'll be joining you in the delayed background status group

How does one even figure out what the hold up is on your record? I'd love to know mine.

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Hold up might not even be anything to do with you.  Could be FBI is running short on resources for some other reason.

As an extreme example my first machine-gun was purchased in 2001.  Specifically September 3, 2001.  We all know what happened after that.  16 months later I finally got my forms done.  FBI was busy for a long time chasing terrorists.

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chase45:
Great I'm sure I'll be joining you in the delayed background status group

How does one even figure out what the hold up is on your record? I'd love to know mine.

View Quote

Pretty sure it's any record that needs to be examined by someone other than the initial NICS person. My understanding is anyone who's has had a security clearance, for example, or something else in their record, gets escalated to a higher level examiner, while those without any records can be cleared by the lower level.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#5]
We've done this before, but you need to contact your rep.

The FBI is sitting on delayed background checks beyond the legally permissible time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fettesbrotde:
We've done this before, but you need to contact your rep.

The FBI is sitting on delayed background checks beyond the legally permissible time.
View Quote

Dunno bout your reps but mine basically told me 'sorry we cant tell a federal agency how to run their ship'

And then tried to pass me onto a different rep in the state.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Two of them cleared in the last 5 minutes. total wait time about 7 weeks, not bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top